Ray Toro - AFYCSO

In my head I always read it as a-frisco
————————

The only sound in the room was my pencil scratching against the paper. I could feel people giving me dirty looks because they wanted to leave. I wrote as fast as I could but it was still another 20 minutes.

The teacher collected my book she read the end part of the test and dismissed us. A bunch of people we complaining how long it took. I put my earbuds in to block them out. I head to the library to wait until the busses get there with a few other people.

I drop my stuff and sit in a chair in the corner and put my head down.

"Hey Y/N!" A voice cuts though the sound of blink 182.

"Ray!" I'm so glad to see him.

"How was the exam?" He sits next to me.

"Ughhh." I put my head back down.

"Not so good?" He's already done because he's exempt from two of his. He's smart like that. I don't doubt that he's skipping class right now though.

I shake my head. "I took like 40 minutes longer than everyone else! I'm so fuckin dumb."

"Aw don't say that!" Easy for him to say. He's always got good grades, he's good with people, he's street smart, and the list goes on and on. he's just good at everything he does.

"It's true! Like I took so much longer than everyone else! And I didn't understand like half of it!" I groan.

He sympathetically rubs my back.  "Nah, you're smart. Math is hard."

"Dude you're like the best student at the school! Let me wallow in my self hate."

"Dude no!" He laughs. "You're smart!"

"For a genius you sure are dumb."

"You are!"

I don't reply but I completely disagree with him. He pulls out a sharpie and starts drawing on the table. The quiet squeak is almost lost to the general chatter of everyone around us.

I look up to see what he's doing and he's making a small doodle, matching one of them many I have on my hand. It's a small umbrella that Gerard drew a few days ago that I keep tracing over.

"Y/N..." He whispers. I lift my head completely just in time to see Jaden and Josh sit down in the two other chairs.

"Hey Ray." They completely ignore me. "Don't you wanna come sit with us?" She points at one of the big table with the popular girls and fuck boys.

"I'm good."

"Come on dude. You could do so much better than... anyway, John wants to meet you!"

"Go ahead Ray. I gotta go." I pick up my backpack and start to go.

"Wait!" He calls. I turn back around. "Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I follow him outside and lean against the brick wall, looking at him expectantly. "So uhh.." he rubs the back of his neck. "There might have been a rumor going around that we're dating and because it kept people from bothering me to go out with them I might have not stopped it." He looks sheepish.

You see what I mean though? He's literally fine with people thinking he's in a relationship he's not in so people stop throwing themselves at him. Honestly back if 3rd grade I should have written the paper about how I want to be Ray Toro when I grow up, not fucking Batman.

"Yeah whatever. What happens when you get in an actual relationship?"

"Oh. I have my eye on someone but I doubt he's interested." He shrugs.