Party Poison - Walk Into A Lazer Beam

"Hey Jet Star!"

"He and Party are gonna go out and get supplies." Kobra says, not looking up from whatever he was doing.

"Ooh I wanna go!" I yell and run out the front. "Wait up!"

"Oh hell no! You are staying here!"

"Shut up Poison."

"That's exactly why! You never listen to a word I say! You're gonna find some way of getting yourself hurt!"

I ignore him in favor of getting into the driver's seat.

"Just let it go." Jet says.

When everyone's situated Party starts trying to give me directions and I do the opposite of everything he says. He catches on real quick and starts saying the opposite of what he wants me to do, leading to me following his wrong directions.

"I fucking give up!"

Jet start's giving me directions and I follow them. It's funny how bad it pisses the Party off. I'm kinda a temporary group member until the rest of my team finishes an undercover mission in bat city. I didn't go because we all know if I did that would not end well. I don't really tend to do well with people in authority giving instructions, if you can tell by how I act with the Party. It's well known in the zones that me and group leaders don't get along well, which is why my group, the destruction crew, doesn't have a leader.

"So Jetty, what kinda stuff are we picking up?"

"Just the usual, food, maybe some extra clothes or blankets or something."

"Sweet."

When we get to Tommy's place I help Jet get food while the Party pays for it. After that we head to the market place to see what we can get from there.

"Alright guys, there's been rumors of bli informants around here, and you know that means they're not far behind. Stick together, just in case okay?"

I Immediately try to wander off on my own, and Party drags me with him by the collar of my jacket.

"We gotta get you one of those kid leashes. Just to keep you from doing this shit."

"If you didn't try telling me what to do all the time then maybe we wouldn't have this problem."

I shake myself free and follow him and Jet around for a minute, until I get another chance to slip away. I love going to the marketplace. It's always busy and chaotic. I dodge someone who's chasing who's probably their kid and start looking at a cool display of painted radios. Someone screams and then there's the sound of guns firing. I pull out my own and like everyone else try to see what's going on.

"They're here! Everyone fucking run!"

Looks like Party was right, damn is he gonna be pissed at me. Me and other killjoys run up to the front to defend everyone. This is gonna be one hell of a firefight. People are dropping like flies on both sides. I get hit on the side of my stomach and use my hands to stop the bleeding.

"For fucks sake I told you not to wonder off!" Party drags me under a random booth and flips the table to hide out. He gets me to take my jacket off so it's out of the way and uses a random piece of cloth, I'm not really sure what it actually is, to try to slow the bleeding.

"Just get the fuck out of here! There's too many of them!" I yell at him. It's true. There're ten dracs to every killjoy, and anyone who stays is definitely not getting out alive. Him still being here is bordering on suicide.

"I promised your team you'd be here when they get back, and I'm not gonna break that promise. Think you can run?"

"We're gonna have to find out."