Joe Trohman - Where Did The Party Go?

I was kinda just vibing on my phone while Pete, Patrick, and my twin brother Andy we're talking over some pizza. Because Andy's my brother I hang out with him and his band a lot.

I'm not paying attention so when Pete says "Right Y/N?" I give a noise of agreement.

It happened a few more times, with Andy and Patrick too, but I'm still not paying attention.

"So it's settled. You're gonna ask Joe to be your date to the release party." That catches my attention.

"I'm sorry I'm what?"

"Well you agreed to it!" Pete defends himself.

"I wasn't paying attention! I'm not doing that!"

"Why not? You're both madly in love with each other. Might as well get the hard part over with." Patrick says.

"I-I'm not in love with him guys! We're just friends!" I object.

"Well where're you going after this? Who's driving you to Frank's tomorrow so we can go to his pool? Who do you find every excuse to sit next to or hold his hand? Who can never take his eyes off you? I could go on and on." Andy says.

"You're too involved in your brother's love life."

"Yeah but also I can't stand all the flirting!" Andy answers.

"We're just friends."

——————-

The next day me and Joe head over to Frank's. I stayed over at his house yesterday for a movie marathon. He couldn't believe I've never seen Star Wars. I don't really wanna go but he seems excited.

We're both thoroughly exhausted but still go to Frank's anyway. A bunch of people are gonna be there. Never been a fan of large crowds, well except for concerts but that's different, so I plan to stay near Joe as much as possible. As a bonus it also keeps the other three from bugging me about the release party. But when I leave his side for a few seconds to get a drink I lose him completely. I shrug it off and sit on the side of the pool, my feet in the water. I'm not really a swimmer. Like enough i won't drown but it's just not fun for me.

Fate obviously has other plans. My sunglasses fall off my head and into the water. I reach for them and fall in. Not expecting the cold water or the sudden inability to breathe I take in a lungful of water. Someone must've seen it because I'm pulled out. I start coughing up the water, trying to breath normally. Luckily everyone seems pretty preoccupied and Andy, who's rubbing my back was the only one who noticed.

"You're an idiot you know that?" He says after I catch my breath.

"You're related to these two brain cells."

"Wanna borrow my towel?"

"Yeah."

He gets up for a second to go get it but I stay sitting on the side of the pool.

"Hey Y/N, where've you been?" I look up at Joe.

"Oh you know. Almost drowning... my brother taking the sweet release of death from me... the usual."

"Wait you- hold on what?"

"Yeah. Almost drowned."

He was about to reply when a slightly tipsy Pete gestures over. I shrug and stand up.

"Pizza!" He yells. Everyone scrambles for a slice.

"Hey Y/N! Your husband's lookin for you!" Gerard yells as I eat.

"My hus- ohhhh. Fuck you!" I call back.

"Trohman! He's over here!" Mikey calls.

I see Joe walking over to me. I wave and meet him half way.