Mikey Way - high definition

this doesn't exactly have a sad ending (but not a happy one) its more ambiguous, so feel free to interpret it how you like

i probably wont write a sequel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we both knew something was different. we barely know each other anymore and haven't said I love you in months. I knew I couldn't bring myself to when I wasn't sure if i meant it anymore, and mikey... I just didn't know.

we were finally both in the house at the same time and neither of us were asleep for once, but i was in the living room eating lunch and watching tv, and mikey was at the desk in the bedroom.

"Dude! Answer your fucking phone! Frank says he's been trying to get ahold of you for the past twenty minutes." mikey yells.

"Sure thing baby. Love you too." I say sarcastically under my breath. I grab my phone from where it was charging in the kitchen.

"What's up?"

"Hey dude, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm just watching tv and miley's doing something upstairs."

"Would you mind coming over?"

"Sure, what time?"

"Now would be awesome."

"Yeah man, im on my way." I hang up and grab my phone, wallet, and keys, "i'm going to franks, i don't know when im getting back!" I yell to mikey, he doesn't answer. I slam the door behind me and start the walk to Frank's house. On the way I have to take a break and let everything out in an alley by punching the brick of a building till my knuckles were bloody and i can't even see it from the tears blurring my vision. When i get ahold of myself i wipe the blood off with my shirt and dry my eyes.

The rest of the walks uneventful. When i get to franks he's waiting for me outside his apartment building.

"Hey frank, what do you want to talk about? I'm in the right headspace to receive information that could potentially hurt me." He rolls his eyes at my weak attempt at a joke and leads me up to his place when we get there he gestures for me to sit down and gerards there too.

"Hi gerard."

"Hey Y/N."

There's an awkward silence that i'm not used to.

"Ok, this is an intervention. What's going on with you and mikey?" Frank breaks the silence.

"Do really really have to go into this with his fucking brother here?"

"Yes. bob (fuck bob but i needed another person) and your brother are talking to mikey. In an attempt to be fair i want them to get their brothers boyfriend's side of the story first. I don't want this to hurt anyone." Frank says.

"I would prefer to talk to ray."

"Sucks for you i guess."

"Fuck off gerard!"

"Ok ok guys! This isn't helping! Y/N, what's going on?"

"I don't know anymore! It's like i like him but it's inconvenient. We can't get along. I feel like I have to love him but sometimes even the way he breathes pisses me off. I can't say anything though, im trying to be quiet about it so i don't hurt him but i'm so tired of this. "

"Then fucking break up!"

"You know what fuck this fuck you fuck everything." I stand up and frank tries to get me to stay, but gerards annoying me. I get he just wants to protect his brother but I thought he was my friend.

I don't even know where im going. I guess I gotta find a new place. I'm not leaving mikey out on the streets. Maybe ray'll let me stay with him for a few days.

Might as well go grab some stuff from our apartment and call ray. When I get there I open the door to see bob, ray, and mikey in the living room.

"Y/N?"

I should have planned this out better. "I think we should take a break, not breakup but a break. I donno.. It's just..."

"There you go again, running away when things get weird. That's why you quit college, that's why you can barely hold a normal job, that's you half the songs you write were scrapped because you hit a little block."

"Fuck you michael james way! And it's not like you're ever here anyway! And even when you are its like wheres your fucking head at?"

"Sorry i have a fucking life that doesnt revolve around you! But at least i text you back! And it doesnt take three fucking years!"

"Fine whatever. Im done. We're done. You can have the apartment."

"Oh so you wanna break up just because I said my entire life doesn't revolve around you?"

"Fucking no mikey! I just-you know what forget it. I dont ever wanna see your fucking face again. I'll be back in an hour for my stuff."

I grabbed one of my notebooks from the coffee table and walk out. I find a bus stop bench and let everything out in a less destructive way. Song writing. We should've ended it months ago. The love didn't just die, it came back as a zombie and killed any possibility at being friends.

When im done its been an hour and a half. I go back and mikey isn't there. I throw my notebook back on the coffee table and make a mental note to grab it before i go and start packing my stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N."

I nearly jumped out of my skin. It's been a week of apartment hunting and i found a place i think i'm gonna rent, but im still stuck on rays couch for now. Mikeys standing in the middle of the living room.

"What do you want mikey?"

"I uhh.. you left one of your notebooks." he hands it to me. It's the one I made a mental note to remember. "And I read one of them. It's one of my favorites that you written."

"Which one?"

"High definition."