Fun ghoul - bombs

After I finished my latest creation I leaned back to admire my work. I copied the last bit of instructions into my rough draft notebook in a messy shorthand. It wasn't intentional but it makes it really hard to figure out what it says so no one can steal my ideas.

I grab the bomb and bring it outside. If I'm right then it shouldn't be big enough to damage this motel me and my group stay in and if I'm wrong... everyone's on the other side. This one's more for show, it's about the size of the game system they have at the nest and it's supposed to send a ton of colored smoke out.

I know that a remote detonator is a lot safer but nothing compares to the rush of lighting it and trying to get far enough away that I don't die. My hearings shot because of it but my group would argue that it's the really loud music that did that.

I dive the last few feet and turn so I'm half laying down and leaning on my elbows. It works perfectly. Next I'm gonna try to make the smoke thicker and cover more space while making the bomb itself smaller.

"You good?"

I look up through the blue smoke at a short guy covered in tattoos with black hair. I nearly do a double take at his eyes but stop myself. They're really pretty. He looks familiar but I can't place him.

"Hell yeah i'm good. Did you fucking see that? Fucking see this?" I gesture to the air around us. I found a way to make it so you can still breathe with this so I'm not too worried about inhaling too much. "Oh it's gonna look so cool when I'm done."

"You're making smoke bombs?"

"Glorified smoke bombs, asshole."

"Why're you on the ground?"

"Because remotes are for dracs, plus I can't get the blast smaller."

(Please know I don't know anything about bombs so this is probably completely wrong but I'm going with it)

"Instead of condensing the gunpowder try to spread it out more. Helps a fuck ton."

"Thanks uhh..."

"Fun ghoul."

Holy shit. THE fun ghoul. One of the fabulous four. I've never seen or met him before, except for the occasional wanted posters and the stories. I've heard about his bombs and they're legendary. I'm actually fanboy-ing. The leader of my group, python pyromaniac, got his hands on one of his bombs for me and I spent three solid months studying it because it was so cool.

He reaches out his hand to help me up and I just stare at him. Way to go you fucked up within 2 minutes of talking to him.

"You okay there?"

His voice snaps me back to reality and I grab his hand and let him pull me to my feet.

"So I'm guessing you know who I am?"

"Sorry I just- you're like a personal hero." Why can't I talk like a normal human being.

"Your group told me, Y/K/N right? They didn't tell me you'd be so hot"

"I uhh... you... What brings you here?" I ignore the last part.

"Party- you know who party is right? He's askin if we can stay over for a few days while we hide out from a traitor who's trying to get as much on us for BLI as they can."

"Aw dude that sucks. But yeah pythons probably say yea. Although there's only seven rooms, and eight of us."

The rest of them are unsafe due to an incident involving one of my half finished bombs and firework frenzy trying to get me to go to a party with her. So now she's not allowed in my workshop.