Pete Wentz - Bass IS the Sexiest Instrument

No this doesn't involve sex or anything someone just says that in here

————————

My casual night of watching Netflix and working on lyrics was destroyed the second the absolute menace Pete Wentz walked through my door. Not really but I knew he was gonna drag me out to "meet new people."

"Hey Y/N!"

"No, I'm busy." I don't bother looking up at him and continue to stare down at my notebook.

"Please! No one else can go but I know you're free! You can even take your notebook and stuff with you." He begs.

I can't believe I'm actually considering it. "Where?" he lights up.

"This bar, it's like within walking distance of my apartment, so if you wanna go you can hang out at my place. Or if you end up getting drunk like a normal person then you can crash there."

I give him a look but agree. I change into a black and white band shirt and red plaid jeans with a black leather jacket. I shove my notebook and favorite pen in a black backpack, along with pajamas, a change of clothes, and a few other things and we head out.

"So Y/N, What're you working on right now?" He asks as I scribble in the notebook.

"Titles a work in progress, along with everything else but I was thinking of calling it "there's other things you can do with your mouth". It's kinda just like from the point of view of someone who argues with someone they think is hot and wants to sleep with em, and they do."

"Alright. Biased of a real life experience?"

"Yeah. Obviously. Me, the nerdy bassist of Y/B/N seduced someone I fight with constantly."

"Well one bassist to another, bass is the sexiest instrument. Besides, don't your fans always scream how hot you are at you?" He winks.

I laugh, "Yeah but I'm in a popular band. Contrary to popular belief, as All Time Low said, "sleeping with band dudes doesn't make you famous" even if they don't realize it." I say before going back to my lyrics. It's going pretty well and I can't wait to run it by the guys. I look up as Pete parks the car. We're at his apartment.

"If I'm lucky I don't think I'm gonna be in any condition to drive later so let's walk." He gets out and after shoving my stuff back into my bag I follow.

"So Y/N/N, how's the album coming?"

I roll my eyes at the nickname. "I'm pretty excited about it. This time we're kinda going for a 'your parents would be disappointed in you for listening to this' and 'take over a small county single handedly' feel. I'm still working on rough drafts for lyrics, but we still gotta have at least a few songs completely done by the end of next week. I have a few concepts for the cover, like oil running down some old stairs, and the like theme color like dark blue." I catch myself. "Sorry bout that."

He looks at me, confused. "Sorry about what?"

"Ya know, rambling on? I do it a lot. I try to stop but sometimes I just do it without thinking."

"No it's fine, I like hearing about it. Tell me more about the album."

"Well..." I talk about the album until he points out a bar. We go in and I find a table to sit at and work while he heads to get a drink. He comes back with two beers and puts one in front of me.

"Come on Y/N, loosen up!" He takes a swing of his beer and I take a sip of mine.

"Oh dude! Did you hear about the picture of the black hole?" I ask, trying to strike up a conversation. (that was new when i wrote this i promise)