Carlos Story Part 7

You look trough the window that was on the kitchen door, you see him sitting down on the same spot as yesterday. You smile grab your pen and notepad and walk out of the kitchen to take his order. As you're walking you suddenly see a girl walk in the restaurant and go sit with Carlos... You stand there, you were already on your way to his table, you were going to feel pretty dumb if you just walked backwards so you decide to walk towards them. You put on a fake smile, the best you could do.

"Hi, are you ready to order" you ask looking down at your notepad.

You can feel Carlos' eyes on you.

"Hey you" Carlos says.

You look up and he was smiling at you.

"Oh hey, didn't realize it was you."

"Well you talked more than you did yesterday" he winks.

"Ah..." you look at the girl, she was staring at you.

"Oh so this is my cousin, Amanda. Amanda this is... I don't know her name, but I'm sure I will pretty soon." As he says those last words he turns to you and smiles.

"You guys ready to order" you ask again and looking down trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Yea" Amanda says.

They order and you walk back to the kitchen.

"What happened to you?" Stephanie asks.

"What do you mean?"

"You look like you just saw a ghost... don't tell me it's that guy again." She smiles.

"Yeah..."

"You need to give yourself a break, and give it a try. It looks like he's interested if he keeps insisting."

"Yeah but guess what"

"What?"

"Logan wants to meet him if I do end up liking him." you roll your eyes.

"Logan?"

"My brother... remember?" you smile.

"Ah your hot brother!"

"Steph!"

"What, he's really cute"

"Ok well keep that to yourself" you walk to the window and see that Carlos isn't there anymore.

"Anyways, your shift is over (YN), better get home before it gets more late"

"Yeah your right. I'll see you tomorrow ok?"

"Ok"

You hug her, you grab your jacket and walk out to the cold night. You were hoping to see Carlos again, but nothing. Once you're in your car you lay your head back on the seat and sigh. Thoughts about Carlos filled your head. Even though you didn't know him as well as you wished you did, you thought he was really cute, and you felt butterflies in your stomach every time you saw him.

"Why do you have to be so cute" you say out loud.

As your grabbing your keys you hear a knock on the window. You get startled and drop your keys. You slowly turn your head and see Carlos standing outside your car, smiling at you.