When He Gets Sick

"Yay! I got sick!" America exclaimed with a hoarse throat and coughed.

"Okay, not a good idea." He said as he hacked and coughed.

"That's why I told you not to kiss me you dummy." You giggled as you waved the thermometer infront of his face.

He quickly took it and placed it inside his mouth waiting for it to finish taking his temperature.

After it beeped you took the thermometer out of his mouth and checked it. "America! This is 39.8! Geez, go to your bed and rest." You told him sternly, your hands on your hips.

"No!" He said stubbornly crossing his arms since he didn't want to bother you.

"America!" You groaned because you wanted him to get better as soon as he can. "Do you want to get better?" You asked him.

"Of course I do. I just don't want to bother you." He mumbled the last part making you aww at your cute boyfriend.

"Okay, get up! Let's get you to your room!" You said helping him up with your arms.

"But-!"

"If you want to stop bothering me then stop making me worry and to do that you have to get cured first so let me take care of you." You said cutting him off and dragged him to his bedroom ignoring his weak struggle against your hold.

You made him lay down on his back and placed his blanket over his slightly shivering body from the cold that he is experiencing even though he's sweating.

"I'll make you food so you just stay there and sleep. I'll wake you up as soon as I'm finished." You said making your way out of the room and closed the door behind you.

"(Y/N), you just have to place some hamburger on my head you know." America said before falling asleep.

You quickly made the stew, swiftly after asking your mom about it over the phone.

After you finished making the stew you placed all the dishes on the sink and made your way up to America's room.

You opened the door with one hand as your other hand balanced the tray, trying not to drop it. You closed the door and placed the steaming hot stew ontop of the bed side table.

"America? Wake up. The stew is ready." You gently said into his ear as his eyes flutter open to meet with yours. His face became even more hot as he noticed how close you were.

Great, you made his fever worse. Good job, (Y/N).

"It smells good (Y/N). I just wish you'd made me hamburgers instead..." He said coughing.

"If I made hamburgers you wouldn't even get a chance to breathe and make you cough and hack like an old man." You pointed out as you helped him sit up, leaning his back on the head board.

You placed the stew on your lap and took a spoonful then blew softly on it and brought it up to America's lips.

"Say ah." You said smiling while your head was reeling in excitement.

'I've always wanted to say that.'

You thought as you fed him. "How does it taste?" You asked him hoping that he'd say that it was good.

"Sorry, I can't really taste anything right now." He said apologetically. "Ah! No, no, it's fine!" You said shaking your head. "But I'm sure that anything you make tastes wonderful." He said smiling making you blush.

'Straight to the heart!'

You exclaimed in your head as multiple arrows shot from everywhere and shot you.