III. THE UMBRELLA SEVEN

(THE UMBRELLA SEVEN)

"I guess you can say we're a group of freaks

"I guess you can say we're a group of freaks."

THE CAR ride to the Academy was quiet, no words were exchanged. Just quiet. Elaine's eyes were still a bit puffy and red, and tear marks were stained on her cheeks. She felt weak, numb. She had a headache due to the amount of tears she shed while she was crying. She felt suffocated and rolled down the window, air blew into her hair and face and she closed her eyes. It was already getting dark, and the street lights were shining.

After a few minutes of the cool air, Reginald rolled up the window and continued driving. When they did arrive however, she knew she was going in for a wild ride. She got down and held the suitcase tightly in her hand. "Inside the room we set up, we already have your clothes ready for the next few months."

Elaine didn't know how to feel about that, this man already set up a room for her? How did they even know her sizes. Either way she just nodded, before looking at Luther and looking back at the front. She looked up at one of the windows and saw a group of kids her age. They immediately closed the blinds from the window when they saw her notice them.

She furrowed her eyebrows before walking with the two males into the front door. Inside the home, it was beautiful. Elaine looked around, she saw marvelous accessories to the home, paintings and such. She twirled around, not like a princess in a new dress, but just looked around. She turned left and almost got scared when she saw a woman.

The woman was Grace, a robot caretaker and protector for the children. Ultimately their mother. She had blue eyes and red lipstick, fair skin and short blonde hair. She wore a kind smile before she frowned "Oh dear, you've been crying."

"Hi mom."

"Welcome back Sir, Luther." She smiled and hugged Luther before nodding at Reginald. She turned back to Elaine "You must be Elaine, I'm Grace. You can call me mom if you want, of course if you're comfortable. If not just call me Grace, Okay dear?"

Elaine somehow felt safe in the presence of Grace, she didn't feel quiet comfortable calling her mom. But she just nodded "Okay..."she said quietly, her voice a little raspy. She felt some stares on her before she looked up the stairs to see the group of kids again. Luther scoffed and groaned "Guys." He went up the stairs and they all went back to their rooms.

"Don't mind them, they're just curious to see who you are." Grace smiled again. "Come along!" She grabbed Elaine's bag, despite her protests. They went up the stairs and Elaine swore she could've heard six voices coming from one room.

"Is she our new sister?"

"No, she's just going to stay here as a student."