VI. FEELINGS

(FEELINGS)

"So...what do I do?"

WHEN YOU have feelings for someone so strong, it feels like you can't breathe. It feels like you just NEED to make sure they're okay. It feels like if you slip up, or say something you think is wrong, they'll stop talking. It feels like it's just them that matters to you, and that you would be there in a heartbeat.

Diego and Ben Hargreeves, listen Elaine isn't one to be the type for cliche things. But she thought it was cute. Ben was one of Elaine's closest friends maybe even one of her best friends from the academy. She and Diego wouldn't admit it but they both liked each other. More than friends. So whenever she needed boy advice she would ask Allison or Vanya, maybe even both, she grew to love her nickname Red given by Diego.

They shared coy smiles, jokes, anything of the sorts. She honestly did like him, but one thing she was oblivious to, was Ben.

Ben had a crush on her, she wouldn't noticed the little things he did for her. How almost everyday he would risk to be yelled at just to wait for her for dinner and breakfast. Diego noticed this, and he was jealous. He really like Elaine, but was he good enough for her?

So there was Ben knocking a couple of times onto Elaine's door, in his hand he had a bunch of flowers he picked out to surprise Elaine with it. He cleared his throat and under his breath, he practiced to what he was going to say to her. He fixed his tie and looked up when he saw Elaine's smile, he felt the mushiness again and his heart leaping to his chest. He smiled back and looked down at the flowers before handing them to her "Hey, I just wanted to give these to you."

Elaine smiled down at the flowers "Aww Thanks Ben." She held the flowers and grabbed his hand. His cheeks tinted red. And she led him inside her room where she placed the flowers in a vase. He closed the door behind him and sighed, you got this.

"Listen I...I need some advice."

"On what?"

Ben watched her water the flowers and carefully place them on a shelf. She looked back at him and smiled, sitting down next to him and leaning her head onto his shoulder. She grabbed his hand and played with his fingers.

"I really like this girl, I just don't know how to tell her."

"Who's the girl?"

"Someone I know, we're I guess you can say best friends. I just feel like she doesn't feel the same. She hangs around a lot with another guy and I know him too."