XII. TIME TO RUN

( TIME TO RUN )

"Are none of us even going to go after him?"

Or
The First chapter of Season one episode 2.

Run Boy Run

"DURING EXTREME weather conditions..."

The record started playing, until Grace's heels were heard in the empty dining room. She held up a bell and rang it, signaling all eight children to go ahead and come downstairs. Multiple footsteps were heard coming downstairs. Elaine giggled softly as she shoved Klaus a bit, him nudging her in return. They were all kids, before Five disappeared of course. They all walked to the dining room, Grace shooting each one a smile, and each one were standing behind their chairs, in the sports where they'd usually sit. Elaine in front of Diego, Ben next to Elaine and Klaus next to her on her other side. She was already accustomed to everything.

She held the back of the chair, waiting for Sir Reginald to come in and telling them to sit. They always had to wait for him, to show respect. She tapped on the back of the chair boringly waiting for the man himself. Until, speak of the devil, footsteps approached near them. Until her eyes saw Sir Reginald.

Of course there was no talking ever during breakfast, dinner, anything involving food. He stood behind his own chair and cleared his throat "Sit!" He ordered. Making every child pull their chairs out and sit in them, scooting forward to reach the table.

The only thing that was heard was the background of the recorder, utensils scraping across the plate, and chewing. Each kid doing something of their own. Allison and Luther sharing Coy smiles, Diego using his knife on his chair, carving in his initials, drawings, a heart with the the letters D+E in the heart, Five glaring at Sir Reginald, Klaus rolling up a joint for drugs, Vanya Eating, Ben reading a book, and Elaine munching down on some food while she peeked over Ben's shoulder to read some of his book, while her and Diego were gently nudging each other's feet. Making Diego blush and Elaine blushing a bit as well.

She continued to eat, until a certain Number Five stabbed the table harshly with his knife. Making every startled, Elaine widened her blue eyes. Everyone seemed to continue eating though.

"Number Five?" Reginald said.

"I have a question."

Elaine rolled her eyes, Five always needed to be smart. Yet it was something she had in common with him.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal time. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."