XVI. GRACE

( GRACE )

" How could they do this? "

SHE COULDN'T SLEEP

Elaine couldn't sleep. Not in this house. During the night she would just stare at the ceiling. And at her wall, the burn marks, memories from being a child..a teenager. All her memories from being a child were clear. But as a teenager. Her memories were foggy, especially after Ben died. She let out a deep sigh, moving around in her bed before closing her eyes.

—12 YEARS AGO—

"You leave the house number eight! You're never returning again!"

"So? I don't want to be here. Look around. Klaus is gone, Diego's gone, hell even Vanya's gone! Allison probably will be next! I'm eighteen! You don't get to decide for me! I don't even want to return here!"

She grabbed her suitcase, Luther and Allison watching. It was true, Allison was already packing.

"You come back here number eight! Number eight!"

She ignored him, walking out the door. She had no where to go. But she wanted to move to Europe in the future. She found out she was born in Greece, her father from the U.S but her mother from Greece, her parents went to the U. S after she was born and coincidentally moved to the same city. She wanted to save up money and go to Greece, live there. But we all start somewhere.

"Elaine..."

She opened her eyes, looking to the side to see Allison in her doorway. She nodded for her to follow her. She got up, stretching. She needed to change first. She put her hair in a half up, half down bun hairstyle, changing into a white turtleneck, long sleeved shirt. Black jeans, cherry maroon boots, and a red flannel around her waist. She walked out, following Allison. To see Luther there as well. She widened her eyes when she saw Grace. She wasn't moving. She walked slowly, to only see her eyelids half open, looking down...then seeing her arm. Someone shut her down..taking out her power source.

"Mom..."

Allison looked down.

"E..the two guys from last night, the ones with the masks...they did this to her. It has to do with Five somehow. I mean, they were looking for him."

Elaine got on her knees. Looking up at Grace's body. Luther placed a hand on her shoulder. He was staring at Grace in disbelief.