X. FUNERAL RUINED

(FUNERAL RUINED)

"You just couldn't handle your bitterness could you?"♕

TO SAY the family was reunited for a funeral, was a tricky thing to say. Sure almost everyone was together, but they weren't all that excited to be here. Outside of the Hargreeves household, it was raining cats and dogs, which is fitting for a funeral. But mostly everyone didn't even feel sorry for Reginald. None of them crying, none of them missing him, just here for the funeral. They did only see each other at Weddings, it only being Allison's wedding, and funerals. So one by one, they walked out, Luther and Diego being the only ones without Umbrellas. Klaus being the only one with a tiny clear umbrella with pink around the bottom.

Elaine in between Grace and Diego, making sure that Grace stayed dried. Elaine smiled at her mother but her eyes caught the sight of Ben's statue. She just stared at it before blinking a couple of times and looking down before turning her head to look at Diego. She sighed, nudging him, he looked up from the ground and to her with his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you sure you don't want a Umbrella and stay dry? Or do you want to continue brooding in the rain?" She held her umbrella above her head, trying to convince him to use it. He grinned but shook his head.

"I rather you stay dry than me." Elaine nodded and smiled softly. She turned to look at Grace, but her mom looked like she was in a daze again. The robotic mother changed into black, as well did Elaine and the rest who weren't wearing black. Elaine came in wearing a long dark brown coat, a maroon shirt, some black pants and heels. She really liked the outfit but has to change in the end. So now she wore a black shirt and some black pants with black boots. A black coat as well since it was cold, and some gloves.

"Did something happen?" Grace's soft voice spoke up, striking confusion upon everyone. All of them turning their heads at Grace who just smiled kindly.

Allison shifted a bit and furrowed her eyebrows "Dad died. Remember?" Grace's smile faltered a bit, nodding slightly.

"Oh, yes, of course." Grace looked down, a confused smile now on her face.

Elaine touched her elbow, her eyebrows furrowed and Grace looked back up at her. Smiling again. Allison looked at them "Is mom okay?"

Diego nodded, immediately coming to Grace's defense "Yeah, Yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge." Elaine looked back at Diego. Him giving her a reassuring smile, in return she gave him a weak one. Tilting her head to look at Allison.

"I'm sure she's fine, Allison. Don't worry." Allison just sighed, taking her word for it. Turning back around to face the front. Pogo coming to view with his own umbrella, Elaine's hand on Grace's elbow dropped, putting her hand in her pockets, even though she had gloves.