XVII. MONSTER

( MONSTER )

(  MONSTER )

GET OUT PLEASE

Those words circled Elaine's mind as she was on the floor. She had stayed there all night, she was sweating, crying, pain and tears, it was all so suffocating, as if she was underwater and could never escape. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't think, she couldn't speak, all she was able to do was scream inside. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead. She clutched the carpet rug in her hands. Once again, she had been on her knees, clutching the rug all night. Trying to fight this internal battle, between her and the entity that lived in her. The only words in her mind were Get our, please. But it wouldn't. And she couldn't do anything to contain this fire in her.

A hand, held her chin, forcing her to look up at the figure. Tears were in Elaine's eyes, she was crying, she just wanted to be freed from this. She looked at herself. The figure was herself. But she knew it wasn't herself, it was just The Dark Phoenix in her, pretending to be here. She pouted at Elaine. She had the same clothes and hair as her, everything.

"A shame really...that you don't want to expand your knowledge."

"What do you want from me?"

Elaine's voice was hoarse. She hadn't spoken for a long time. The objects in her room, the furniture, were floating in her room. Her 'other' self, her dark self, crouched down to her level. Tilting her head.

"Can't you see? I'm here to make you stronger. You're pathetic. But I'm going to help you."

She patted Elaine's cheek softly. Standing up again. Elaine felt a burning sensation on the same spot her dark self touched.

"Why?...How..."

"Because, you're strong already. But when I take over, when I WILL take over, you will be stronger. You are my host. And I'm going to make you useful. Then there's also the possibility, if you comply. We can BOTH be in control...we both partner up, and take control of your body together. One half of your head is you and the other half is me...We can accomplish so much, we can be the most powerful being in existence. I was already the most powerful entity. But... you need me. Together, both in control of your body?...We can cause chaos...we'll fully be The Dark Phoenix..."

Elaine looked at her, it was true, she was already strong herself. But when The Dark Phoenix took over, which was once at her ballet recital, she still remembers the day clearly. She was fourteen...so many people...dead. But when The Dark Phoenix took over her whole self, her whole conscious and body, she was destructive. The Phoenix entity itself was very powerful on its own. And as she explained it. If the two..if Elaine were to comply, the two both could be in control of her body.