XIX. TIME STOPPING

( TIME STOPPING )

'Oh god, Klaus is driving! Klaus can't drive that well!'

GREAT. JUST. GREAT

Elaine laid in the backseat of the car, her headache returning as they got closer to their destination. The situation she was in, was not the one she was expecting. Her face was now pale, paler than it already was. Her eye bags now fully visible. She looked like shit. Five was the first to notice, he leaned over to the back and snapped his fingers in her vision. She just hummed, staring straight at the car ceiling, her legs dangling from the side due to her already being a big girl. And she couldn't fit like she did when she was little.

"Did you hear anything we said."

She slapped his hand away from her vision harshly. She glared at him tiredly.

"Yes I did. We trick them with the suitcase. I fucking understand Five. I'm not a idiot."

She raised her voice at the end. Sitting up a bit before wincing and laying back down. Five furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Luther. He looked back at Elaine. Clearly worried.

"What's wrong with you. You look terrible, and you're acting like you got shot somewhere in your body."

"Sorry..." she grunted out. "I didn't get any sleep...I haven't eaten anything...my head is in pain right now and I feel like dying."

Luther continued to drive. Surprisingly he knew how since he's been stuck all these years in Reginald's house. "Take a nap."

"No."

She said, before she curled up into a little ball, turning around so they could face her back. "I don't want to and won't take a nap."

"Why are you so angry?"

She sat up quickly and looked at Five, clearly frustrated. "I'm not." She took a few breaths of her own. Closing her eyes to regain composure. "I'm fine. I promise. Just..I just didn't get enough sleep." A complete lie. She hated lying. Always had and always will. Ever since she was a child. All she hated doing was lying. But she was human so she lied anyways. But it was only small lies. Here and there. But everyone deserved the truth. She hated lying. But one thing she hated more was being lied to. So that's why she was angry. Her parents death was fake. Grace, Reginald, maybe even Pogo lied to her about her parents. But one question lingered, in her mind and deep down in her gut. Did the rest of the academy know the truth about her parents? No right, right? They wouldn't lie to her. God she hoped not.