XXI. REWIND

( REWIND)

 "I just want it to stop

"I just want it to stop."

KEEP ON GOING.

Those were the the the words that Elaine reminded herself. She knew, because of her, there was going to be a search for her. To control her, to put her in an asylum or something like the movies. She knew once she flipped that car over. She knew once it bursted into flames. People didn't see her as one of the Wonder Kids, as one of the heroes from the Umbrella Academy.

They saw her as a monster.

And that's something she always knew she was, but was scared for others to know. Scared of others seeing, scared of others finally realizing it. Was she becoming her own downfall? It was all sort of complicated. And she didn't have time for complicated. The world was ending in three days, sure, but in the span of those three days. She needed to figure out what happened to her parents. Did anyone from the academy know about her parents. And how the hell is she supposed to get rid of this thing in her.

She tried to catch her breath. Stopping for a bit to at least relax. Even for a second. "Why do you have the knack of making me cause chaos."

Why do you have a knack for not embracing me. For not embracing this part of yourself.

"For the last time, you are not a part of me. You're something I need to get rid of." Elaine huffed. She held her head in her hands. Whispering reassurances to herself, as if it would help her control herself. She needed to relax, she knew if anyone else saw her. Then she would either get arrested, killed, or sent to a insane asylum. None of which she's very up to do right now. The academy was her safe haven at this point. But she would need to go back later. She can't show up her face after she had that rant. As much as she needed or wanted help right now. She was still stubborn. She would go later. Later.