23

Update.

Jimin woke up in a very bad state. His eyes were hurting and he felt nauseated. His entire body ached and his heart was shattered. He had never been this way.

"How are you feeling?" he heard Hoseok's soft voice.
"Not good." Jimin mumbled looking at him with tears in his eyes.
"Oh, Jiminie." Hoseok hugged his best friend.

He had to tell him that Taehyung was here trying to explain Jungkook's behaviour. He felt that it would help Jimin in some way, especially seeing him this broken.
"Jimin..." He mumbled, but then he stopped. Maybe leaving and forgetting would be better. But shouldn't Jimin be the judge of that? He was conflicted.

"Hmm?" Jimin hummed.
"Nothing. Go get ready and I'll order something to eat. Then we better leave for the airport." Hoseok explained.
"Alright." Jimin got up, crying softly but he hid his face from Hoseok.

Jimin turned the cold water on, he wanted to wake up from this nightmare which was unfortunately his reality. He wasn't worth being with Jungkook. He wasn't worth being even acknowledged as a friend. He was just for that one night. But it felt like there was something special between them. He felt like maybe there was love.

Maybe he was wrong.

Jimin's whole body winced at the cold water, but he kept standing there. His eyes felt better. He breathed slowly as his head filled with images of every time Jungkook looked at him, touched him, hugged him, kissed him. Was this meant to be so short lived?

Jimin showered and got dressed up and went to Hoseok's room to eat. They both sat down but Jimin could barely open his mouth. He didn't want to do anything. He just wanted to go get away from all this. Knowing Jungkook and him were in the same city was so painful for him.

"Jimin, eat." Hoseok held his hand.
"Hyungie.."
"Look, I know it hurts but... We're gonna get away from all this very soon. I'll always protect you. Don't worry." Hoseok ruffled his hair and Jimin smiled.

They began eating when the doorbell rang, Hoseok got up to  check while Jimin just struggled to eat something.
"Um. I think this is a mistake." Jimin turned around to find Hoseok talking to a staff.
"No, sir. It is the purchase made yesterday for Mr. Park Jimin." the man said as he dropped off a lot of things from Gucci.

Jimin got up and walked to the stuff and stared at it.
"Can we return it?" he asked the man.
"I'm afraid not, sir. I'm sorry." the man said politely.
"Okay. Have a good day." Hoseok said to the man and Jimin gulped.

"What's all this?" Hoseok asked softly.
"Jungkook bought it for me. I don't want it. " Jimin said with a shaky voice.
"We'll see what we can do about it." Hoseok tried. They were already getting late for their flight.

"Come. We gotta check out. We're getting late." Hoseok said with a slight guilt, he still hadn't told him about Taehyung. Jimin just stood looking at the things from gucci. All of it a reminder of what could have been but wasn't. It also reminded him of who he was, he didn't belong to this fancy world. He was just himself.

Jimin and Hoseok finished their packing and headed for the airport. Hoseok kept thinking of he should tell Jimin or not while Jimin just fell asleep on his way there. He was so exhausted mentally and physically.

They reached the airport in a while and got off the cab. Jimin had gone silent. They sat silently when the call for boarding was made. They got up and walked to the queue.
"Okay, stop!" Hoseok said when they were just about to get to the end.

"Jimin..." He didn't want to betray Jimin's trust like everyone else. He deserved to know. He deserved to have the right to make his own choices. Jimin looked at him confused.
"Taehyung came to meet you and... He wanted to tell you something about Jungkook. He gave me this" Hoseok said giving Jimin the small card that had Taehyung's number on it.

Jimin looked at the card and then back at Hoseok.
"I don't want to lie to you, Jimin. As much as I want to protect you." Hoseok said softly. Jimin sighed and hugged him.
"Thank you, hyung. But I really want to go from here." Jimin said with a very heavy heart. He never wanted to face Jungkook again.
_______________________________________

Jungkook on the other hand waited for Taehyung desperately. He hoped he got a chance to speak to Jimin.

He paced around in his room when Taehyung walked in.
"Hyung!" Jungkook looked at him with hopeful eyes.
"I couldn't meet him but.. I gave his friend my number. I'm sure he'll reach out" Taehyung said quickly and he drank some water. He felt so overwhelmed.

The boys had to get ready for their concert so they left. Jungkook had been silent the entire way, his heart hurting constantly. They reached the venue and began getting ready but Jungkook was just not himself, neither were the boys. They could see Jungkook suffering.

It was almost time to go on stage but he wanted to reach out to Jimin.So he called his hotel to have someone connect the call to his room. He was desperate.

"Hello?" said the receptionist.
"Um. Could you please tell Mr. Park Jimin in room 2013 that I've been trying to reach out to him." Jungkook said.
"Um. Mr.Park just checked out hours ago." she said politely.

Jungkook just breathed out and just disconnected the call. He fell to his knees and his breathing became irregular. Jimin had left.

"Let's go, boys!" He heard the manager. The staff pulled him up softly and he got up and began walking mindlessly.
"Jungkook, you okay?" he heard Yoongi ask but he didn't answer and then they were on stage.

The concert began and Jungkook sang but he kept getting lost. He kept forgetting his lines and the choreo.

The concert was ending when Jungkook finally took his earpiece off and looked into he crowd of thousands. He looked at all the faces.

Jimin was one of the people he spotted in such a crowd but today he wasn't there. He was gone. After being hurt and humiliated. And Jungkook was responsible. He just looked into the crowd, stunned, when his mind filled with images of those small glimpses he took at Jimin when he was in a crowd. His squeaky laugh. His shy smile. Everything.

It all hit Jungkook too hard, now that Jimin was gone. That he fell onto his knees on stage and began sobbing hard. The place echoed with screams telling him to stop. But Jungkook couldn't.

The boys played it off by hugging him and covering him.
"We'll figure it out.." Jin said in his ear.
"Help me.." Jungkook cried hard hugging Namjoon. All he wanted was to see Jimin again. Just once.
_______________________________________

Author's note

I just came to know that a girl I knew in college committed suicide recently. I was so shaken up by the news that i just couldn't function.

If you guys wanna talk,you can always text me on my Instagram. (username on the main page). Reach out for help and help someone in need.

I love you all. Please keep fighting your battles, you're all fckn warriors.