741-760

Chapter 741: Fire World's Phoenix Volcano

Hearing He Feifan's reply, the Liang Family's Patriarch, Liang Qishen, let out an exuberant laugh, "That's right, how can that Huang Xiaolong compete with Vice Principal He Feifan? If he runs into Vice Principal He Feifan in the Highgod Advancement Tournament, it's definitely Huang Xiaolong's misfortune. Our Vice Principal He Feifan doesn't even need to move a finger, just a simple breath is enough to kill that Huang Xiaolong."

Other families' Patriarchs and Ancestors also joined in on the laughter.

Their words elevated He Feifan to an invincible existence that no one could compete against in the Highgod Advancement Tournament.

Heaped by compliments from these Patriarchs and Ancestors, He Feifan was laughing so happily that his face was slightly flushed red.

Sitting in a corner and watching this scene, Huang Xiaolong sneered in his heart.

This He Feifan was really thick-skinned. Well, since he said so, when the time comes in the tournament, he would play a little with this He Feifan.

Kill him with one breath? Huang Xiaolong's gaze turned cold for an instant.

"Junior Brother, are you alright?" He Jing beside him sensed the coldness Huang Xiaolong exuded, and asked as he felt it was strange.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "Nothing."

But He Jing took another glance at Huang Xiaolong before turning his attention back to the banquet.

The celebration banquet lasted for a day and ended at sunset, having all the guests return.

Huang Xiaolong had listened for an entire day to He Feifan and those Patriarchs and Ancestors flattering each other.

After the banquet, Huang Xiaolong's daily routine resumed, spending his time between the Lightning Fire Peak and the library.

Days turned into months, months passed into seasons, and in the blink of an eye, a year had passed.

Huang Xiaolong had reached the lowest floor of the library, which was also the last floor.

Perhaps it was because he had refined the Hundred Spirits Beast King's arms, but Huang Xiaolong noticed in recent years that his arms seemed to be stronger than his other body parts. Not only in terms of defense, there were other aspects that were strengthened as well.

The Hundred Spirits Beast King possessed the Soul Devouring Physique, also known as the Undying Physique. It seemed to Huang Xiaolong that his arms now had the same attributes as the Soul Devouring Physique.

This finding delighted Huang Xiaolong.

Though his hands merely possessed the Soul Devouring Physique's attributes, which didn't bring many benefits, it proved that what Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said before was true. If Huang Xiaolong managed find and refine the other parts of the Hundred Spirits Beast King's body, he could obtain the Hundred Spirits Beast King's Soul Devouring Physique.

A complete Soul Devouring Physique!

During this one year, Wang Qingjiang did not come to trouble Huang Xiaolong. Of course, it wasn't because he didn't want to, but he couldn't, as Huang Xiaolong never went out of the Vermilion Bird Institute grounds.

As for He Feifan, ever since he broke through to Highgod Realm, he had become more conspicuous than before, as if he was afraid that no one would know he had advanced into the ranks of Highgod Realm masters.