Chapter 2. 'Already Seen'

April 10th 1994 5:05am

I got up early today, first time for everything.

It's my way of starting a new and I don't just mean a new day.

The sun was bright this early morning, I kind of liked it.

Some could call me strange for the way I'm acting after the news I heard yesterday, but not me.

My life is dull with no prospects, no job and yes I am only 18 and have a while to go till I'm looking in the mirror at an old man but I always felt like I would never amount to anything but now even though it's nothing to get excited about I seem to have a purpose in life, something to think about on a day-to-day basis and spur me along if you please.

Well, it's the first day out of the hospital and I sort of miss it, apart from the elderly man who seemed to always want a staring contest, he was just creepy.

There was something I can't quite put my finger on about that place, even when I left yesterday everyone was acting in a peculiar way, they were being nice and I mean too nice for my liking.

I understand the hospital name was MERRY SPRINGS HOSPITAL but I think they were taking me for a fool.

I walked home yesterday as no one had seemed to bother or care to pick me up; I thought perhaps they had all eloped or better still arrested and left me to fend for myself.

But no luck, I got a drunken glare from my step-dad and my mom was nowhere to be found.

My adventure starts today, what wonders might I ensue on this glorious of days.

Perhaps a magic falling star from a distant galaxy will fall on me and turn me into a super being.

I chuckled to myself as I wrote that last bit; I mean if you can't laugh at yourself who will.

I continued to write.

I didn't really sleep last night, my mind was racing about thoughts to do with that dream and that girl to be exact.

I still couldn't stop thinking about her and yes I know it was a dream and I will never see her again but I can't help how my emotions work can I. If it just so happens that I fancy a girl who I've made up in my own fictitious mind then so be it.

I had no more dreams yesterday or last night, well I don't think I did.

That dream I had seemed so real at the hospital that my mind is trying to tell the difference between what is real and what is not, I'm expecting to wake up soon.

Apart from the strange thoughts I've been having regarding the last few months I can't really divulge any information just yet.

So I will head out and see what the world has to offer.

I look in the mirror at myself realizing that I look pathetic.

The front of my hair sticks up even when it's wet, seriously, I could put glue on it and it would still stand on end.

I wouldn't say I'm the best looking of guys, not usually the person most girls go for but what would I know, the only girlfriend I've ever had was when I was 11 and that was for a week and I am sure she did it for a bet.

I suppose it's the confidence in guys that girls go for; I mean yes good looks are very important but if you can woo a girl just by sheer cockiness and a good chat up line, then I suppose certain girls might go for it. Well, I don't have either, I'm neither confident nor good looking.