Chapter 7. Finding of the Guardians

"You've got it all wrong we aren't the enemy, you must believe us," I shouted, feeling frustrated to why they led us this far to throw a cloth on our heads like we were the ones in the wrong.

A bright light shone as someone removed the cloth, it took a moment to gather my eyesight from the sudden glow.

I looked around to see Bobby and Charlotte both sat next to me in this small room not dissimilar to a police interrogation room as I'd seen so many times on television programs.

"Are you hurt?" I asked them both feeling concerned.

"I'm fine, How About You?" asked Charlotte.

"Nothing to worry about, no injuries," I replied.

"I'm OK, just confused. What is going on?" Bobby asked.

We all looked up to see the old woman standing above us with that Todd character.

"I told you the truth, why wouldn't you believe me?" I demanded, speaking to the man.

"We will ask the questions thank you very much," spoke the old woman.

She moved forward into the light showing us of her appearance.

Her face was small and kind looking, she didn't look like she would hurt a fly let alone us.

"Now, tell me exactly who you are and what you want?" she asked.

I decided at that point to do the talking.

"Isabelle sent us with this amulet," I said before reaching slowly into my pocket but it wasn't there.

"Was this what you were looking for?" asked the woman before holding up the silver item.

"Yes, but how did you get that?"

"Never mind, now answer the question," she demanded.

"That amulet was given to us by Isabelle, she told us to find 8 Guardians and give each one this amulet and said you would know what to do," I spoke calmly, almost too calm for this predicament.

She looked at the amulet then at myself, almost trying to identify whether it was a fake or whether I was lying.

"Hm, well if that's the truth then please elaborate and tell us a little more about this Isabelle if you truly know her," she questioned.

Damn, I thought to myself; I didn't have a clue what to say.

"Isabelle Taylor, also known as Bella to her family and friends. Lives at 12 Sycamore Avenue, Low Gallows, South District. Created a good group known as the Guardians of Light some years ago to create a seal and stop an evil cult called the Never-ones from rising from the Neverworld. Has a doctor son called Charles Taylor, who is also my dad and my name is Charlotte, this is Bobby and the angry looking one in front is Alex," butted in Charlotte confidently.

The woman got up and walked over to where Charlotte was sitting, I half expected her to do something horrible.

"That can't be you, I'd only seen pictures from when you were young but it is, little Charlotte Taylor," she said beaming.

I think Charlotte was as shocked as we were because she just stared and smiled politely at these words.

"Todd, they are telling the truth. Don't just stand there, make them something to drink." she then said, looking over her shoulder.

The barman standing behind us, quickly shuffled his feet and ran out of the room at this new change of events.

"I am very sorry to have to put you through all this but I had to be definite, there are bad people out there, I'm sure you've heard of the Followers, they would do anything and I mean anything to open that seal," she said to us, smiling, "Please come through to my study, make yourselves comfortable," she added.