Chapter 16. The Forgotten Memory

I was expecting Isabelle's house to look different after the amount of travelling we'd done but obviously it looked the same if not more eerie and spooky like.

I guess it was nice to be somewhere familiar even if I'd only been here once before. It felt like home, a nice welcoming home.

"Charlotte, my dear. You're back so soon," greeted Isabelle when we walked into her house.

"Is she joking? We've been gone for ages," Bobby moaned.

Charlotte ignored him and gave her grandmother a big hug.

"Come on through," she said, beaming, "Tell me of your travels."

She took us through to the kitchen where we'd sat and devised the plan originally.

Isabelle was acting very strange, far too nice and happy for a woman that knows the world could come to an end any day now.

She closed the door and turned to us.

"So tell me, what happened?" she said in hushed tones.

"Are you OK Bella?" I asked.

"Don't ask me why but I believe there to be enemies nearby, this whole Neverworld business has made me a nervous wreck. I can't leave the house without feeling like someone is following me," she answered.

"It's Ok we're here now," Charlotte confided, "Oh, and this is Alice. She's a friend and has helped us a lot on this journey."

"I know who she is. Hello Alice nice to see you again," Bella replied, smiling at Alice.

"Hello Miss. Taylor, you look well," Alice replied and smiled back.

Lost for words was an understatement.

"You never told me you knew my Grandmother," Charlotte said, dumbfounded.

"You never asked. Besides, how was I supposed to know Bella was your Grandmother? You could have been talking about any Isabelle," Alice answered.

Still confused, I was about to ask Bella a ton of questions but she spoke first.

"Myself, Eleanor and Albert go way back. I used to be a Knight after all but because of old age I packed it in but I still work in secret with the Guardians."

"You were a Knight?" I asked, "Wait, how did you know about .....?" I trailed off.

She laughed. "How did I know about the Knights? I know more than you will ever know my boy. Alice's father told me everything last night about how you all saved the Knights castle."

"You spoke to my Dad? On the phone?" Alice spoke.

"Oh wait, no. Sorry I forgot to say, your Father, Aunt and Charlotte's Uncle Gerald came here yesterday afternoon. They're in the front room."

Alice immediately ran out of the kitchen and we followed.

Sitting in the same chair next to the fire we were situating when we first met Bella, was Eleanor and Albert, Gerald it seemed wasn't here.

"Daddy," cried Alice, running into his arms.

"Oh, my baby girl. Are you Ok? Are you hurt?" Albert asked, looking his daughter up and down.

"Calm down Albert, she's fine," spoke Eleanor, blase.

"Please, all of you sit down. I'll make some tea and would love to hear of your travels," Bella spoke before walking into the kitchen again.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"We're fantastic friends with Bella and when you told us of the situation regarding the portal, we had to make sure she was Ok," Albert answered.