Chapter 13. A New Companion

The seconds passed into minutes as we waited.

To be honest, we'd already got what we came for, it had taken a while to find her but now she'd agreed to our request it seemed pointless being here.

I suppose the journey we'd all endured to get here to find Eleanor was one of the hardest we'd come across since starting this quest and we'd all made new friends so it felt strange to just walk away and not say goodbye to the Knights.

They were there for me when I needed them the most. When Bobby and Charlotte were taken by the Followers and I was all alone, I found the Knights and they took me in and helped me find them. They seemed more like family now even though we've known each other for a little time.

"You've all come on a long perilous journey, haven't you," Eleanor suddenly spoke.

"Yes, it's not been easy finding the other Guardians but to be fair finding you was the hardest," I replied.

"Yes, and I and the rest of the Knights are very thankful for your bravery and valour. You really are true Knights."

An awkward silence fell upon the throne room but thankfully it wasn't long before Alice came trotting back to us, followed by Albert, COMP, Morag and limping behind slowly was Grinder.

Alice had a bright smile on her face like she'd just been giving some fantastic news.

"Everything Ok?" I asked.

"I've just had a brilliant idea I think will benefit us all, Knights and you three," she answered.

"Oh, and what is that?" Albert boomed from behind.

I think Alice possibly forgot her father and the Knights walking behind her because Albert's deep voice made her jump.

"Please hear me out because it's important," Alice continued.

"Go on," Albert sighed. I wondered whether he was a seer like his sister because from the look on his face he looked like he already knew what she would say.

"Well, I was thinking I could go with Alex, Charlotte and Bobby on their journey to find the rest of the Guardians."

"Out of the question," Albert quickly interrupted.

"Please, just listen. You always said I needed to get out and see the world more. I know places more than anyone, from traveling with you throughout the years and I really think it will benefit these three if they have someone that knows the way to places. You know, show them the shortcuts."

I wanted to interrupt at this point because I hadn't necessarily said she could come with us but she was making a valid point. All we had was a map and a list of names and places. We'd never actually visited any of them before and for all we knew, the journey could just get more perilous.

"Yes, see the world but that was before I almost lost you in that room," Albert argued.

"And who rescued me from that place? I couldn't be in more safe hands," Alice replied, pointing in my direction. I could feel all eyes directing towards my bright red presence.

"You mentioned something about it benefitting the Knights, how?" Albert claimed.

"I did?" she answered, thinking hard, "Yes it will benefit the Knights because I can be a lookout in the field with the help, if they please, of Alex and his friends. With Sofia having escaped, no offence George, there's no telling what sort of attack might happen and at least if you have someone you can trust keeping an eye out for any trouble, you'll know relatively straight away."

"We have Knight's out in the field and I'm sure they can send back any information regarding Sofia."

"Right, you mean the ex-Knight's no one has seen for years. You really think they care what happens to the Knights order?"