Bold Chapter 8

CLICK CLICK CLICK

The sound of black stilettos hitting the marble-like floor that echoes through the main office building lobby. The tall blonde in tight-fitting black leather pants with a jacket to match and a purple crop top underneath making heads turn as she walks through the crowd.

"Ino" said a soft voice from behind.

She turns around to see Hinata wearing a navy-blue skater dress with a light brown belt to finish off the look. She had her large brown tote in one hand and the tray of iced coffee in the other.

She hands Ino a cup of coffee from the tray of drinks that she gets as one of her daily routines.

"Oh, thanks Hinata! This is much needed; I'm going to go visit that artist in about an hour." As she was about to take a sip. "wait, where is Sakura?"

Hinata was in the middle of drinking her tea. "I don't know, she was gone when I woke up. I guess it was to prep for her meeting today."

Ino starts laughing "That's probably because she was too busy last night to do any work".

Hinata quietly laughs and was about to defend Sakura, but then she runs into something hard. Falling to the ground causing the tray of drinks to land on top of her.

"Oh My Gosh!" Ino yells

"Oh no Samui Coffee," Hinata says quietly, worried more about her boss's drink than the possible stain on her favorite dress.

"Hinata, I am so sorry I didn't see you! Are you okay?" said a male voice.

"Yes, I'm fine" she looks up and is in shock to see those beautiful blue eyes she has always admired. It was as if she was drowning, struggling to get up for air. It was the one and only Naruto Uzumaki who had that effect on her.

"Hinata?" Naruto says.

She just stares, unable to move.

"Hey, can you hear me?" He continues with a bit of concern.

Finally breaking out of the trance she shakes her head a little.

"u-m-m ye- yeah. I'm-m ok-kay" Struggling to get a simple response out.

This was one of the few verbal interactions the two have shared with one another. When Naruto would try and talk with Hinata she was so shy that she would find any reason to cut their interaction short.

Naruto reaches his hand out with a gentle smile on his face "here, let me help you".

Hinata was about to grab the hand that was offered until a certain blonde pushes Naruto out of the way.

"Move Naruto! OMG Hinata, are you okay? Oh no, your dress!" Ino just rambles on as she helps Hinata up.

Hinata looks over to see Naruto rubbing the back of his neck with a pout on his face. She was wondering why he was looking so embarrassed when she was acting like a mumbling fool. He then looked her way causing their eyes to meet, but Hinata quickly looked away.

"Come on Hinata we need to get you out of these stained clothes," Ino says guiding her to the elevator.

Hinata looked back one last time only to find Naruto still standing there not breaking his stare with her till the doors of the elevator closed.

....

"I don't have a lot of time, but I just wanted to chat with you about where you fit in here," Tsunade says to Sakura as they move around the busy office.

Sakura nods her. "Absolutely, and I know that my last round of pitches might have been to safe" as workers come up to Tsunade to sign papers.

Tsunade hands the notebook back to the worker and looks right at the pinkette. "Look, I have writers who write safe, and then I have writers who take big swings, and we just need to find out which one you are."