Bold Type Chapter 13

Hinata presses the up arrow on the elevator in Ino's apartment complex when her phone starts to go off.

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Hello? Father?"

"Hinata, I just heard the news about your engagement with Toneri. I am pleased that you made such an excellent choice in a marriage partner. I see great things in the future for both companies."

Hinata was a little disappointed over the comment about the company. She did take a proposal for that reason but part of her wanted to her dad to say 'I am proud of you or I want you to have the love that your mother and I  once had before she passed.' But no, it was all about earning a higher profit and having a positive company image.

"As you know Hinata, we have our annual gala coming up next month, I think that will be a perfect opportunity to announce the engagement."

"I am not sure father, there are still rules that employees at Emerald can not be in relationships. I was hoping to keep it quite from the public."

"After the wedding, I would have expected that you would no longer need to work for that gossip magazine anymore!" with it sounding more like a demand than a suggestion.

"Father I love this company and all the values it stands for and no it is not a gossip magazine!"

"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME CHILD!"

His tone scared her, making her feel like that fearful child she once was.

"Yes father, I do apologize."

"Good, we will talk more about this later. Goodbye"

BEEP

The frustrated Hinata just looked at her phone wishing she had the courage to tell him how she really feels.

*Ding*

Hinata looks up to see the elevator doors open and she is soon on her way to the blonde's apartment. The doors shut showing her reflection. She is wearing a black long-sleeved turtleneck that is tucked into a mid-length a-line dark gray skirt. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail making her look like she just popped out of the 1950s.

Hinata sighs out loud as she pulls out the powered from the inside of her black clutch purse and begins to touch up her light makeup.  "You are doing the right thing, He is a good man, Father approves, it will all work out." As if speaking the word out loud would make it better.

*Ding*

The confused bluenette knows that now is not the time to worry about herself. She is going to keep an eye out for Ino and make sure this Sai guy is not a danger to her friend.

Soon Hinata is at the apartment dood and pulls out the spare key that Ino made for her and Sakura.

"Ino, I am here! Are you almost ready?" She says locking the door behind her and into the living room space.

"Oh, Hinata perfect! What do you think of this outfit?" Ino yells as she walks out of her room wearing a deep plunging sequin bodycon dress with a sexy laced-back in a dark plum color.

Her shy friend was really caught off guard and felt exposed herself just by looking at the confident blonde.

"ummm, Ino, have you ever been to an art show?" Hinata says with concern in her voice.

"No, isn't an art gallery just a big party with art. I always imagined it to be like a big New Years' eve party."

Hinata honestly does not know what to say.

"Let me take a look in your closet."

After a few minutes, the bluenette comes out with high waisted dark purple pants, a white ruffled crop top that hangs off the shoulder and Ino's favorite leather jacket.

"It is simple yet screams Ino. It will be perfect for the art show tonight." Hinata says with a gentle smile on her face.

"Oh, Hinata you are such a life saver! I don't know what I would do without you!" Ino yells as she grabs to clothes to put them on.

"Of course, I am going to grab some water real quick!"

The bluenette has always been a little jealous of Ino's apartment. It is beautifully designed with this clean boho-chic style and plants all over the place. She grew up working in her parent's flower shop so this girl knows how to properly take care of plants.

Just then Hinata got a text from Sakura.

'Hey, will you let Ino know I can't go to the art show because I have to work on my article. I will be working late so don't wait up for me!'

Ino comes out looking as amazing as Hinata thought she would. "Okay, I am ready to go! Let me text Sakura and see when she will be on the way." She then goes to grab her phone.

"Oh, actually she just texted me saying she is working late and won't be able to go."

"Booooo, that bitch! Jk! Okay, Hinata lets go get that article back into the magazine!"