Bold Type Chapter 20

"Ugh! Where are they? The gala is about to start." Ino says in anger.

"You okay there Ino," Naruto says walking up to the blonde with a scotch in his hand.

"Yeah you are more uptight than normal and that's saying something." Her pineapple headed friend says.

Temari punches her boyfriend in the arm. She might look like a princess in her two-piece dress with a black lace top and solid red full-length skirt but she is a warrior by heart. "Shikamaru, don't be an ass." She then looks at Ino "What is going on?"

"I was supposed to have a lunch date with Sai and he never showed! I called and texted him and no response! What kind of asshole just sleeps with someone then plans a date and then go on to ghost them! I honestly thought he was the one!"

Shikamaru intervenes "Ino, you always think they are the one."

"He is different... or so I thought" Ino now looking more sad than mad.

"No! you don't get to let another guy break your heart! Keep calling him till he picks up and let him have a piece of your mind!" Temari yells

"You are right! Thanks, Temari!" Ino then runs off with her phone in hand. The boys looked surprised to see how the situation de-escalated so quickly.

"Ha. I think I am going to need a drink to prep myself for when she comes back" Shikamaru says aloud "Temari? The usual jack and coke?"

She nods her head to show approval as the boys turn their attention over to the open bar. Temari looks up at the entryway to see some familiar faces. "Wow, Sakura looks absolutely stunning and who is that with her?"

Naruto instantly looks up and is in a loss for words the second he sees Hinata there. He saw the dress earlier that day but seeing it on her just make it even more beautiful. He notices the way the dress hugs her hips so perfectly, how the lavender blends well with her pale skin and how her high ponytail shows all the amazing features of her face. The blonde could not keep his eyes off her as she made her way around the venue.

Shikamaru hits Naruto knocking him out of her trance. "Stop staring at Sakura, it is creepy plus I thought you were over".

In a serious tone, "I am, I got over her years ago." He then looked back up at the beautiful bluenette.

Shikamaru raises his eyebrow, "Oh I see now, you like the girl who came with Sakura."

Naruto turns away so that his friend wouldn't see his embarrassment "I don't know what you are talking about. That is Hinata, we are just really good friends who happen to work together."

Temari can see what's really going on with him "That's good to hear because she looks way to good for you. Plus it looks like someone else has already swooped in.

Naruto turns around to see that some random guy is getting close to her and she look kind of uncomfortable.

......

"So beautiful, what are your plans for the rest of the night?" the mystery guy moves closer to Hinata cornering her closer to the wall.

Hinata was caught off guard by this guy. He just came out of nowhere and started to hit on her.  She was now looking around for Sakura who had gone off to talk to some major magazine editors or something.

Just then the guy reaches out and puts his hand on her wrist. She then quickly moves back showing she did not want to be touched.

He looked a little mad now "what was that?! I am not going to hurt you or anything!"