I

Run Girl Run

Sorry this is short😭⚠️😞
Josette's POV
Dear Diary,
I don't know how
much time I have before those monsters come to take me. Those idiots think I'm a witch they wish to execute me like those 14 women during the Salem Trials. But I have my bags packed just in case. My father is still gone, fighting the war, and my mother is still sick. My oldest sister well who knows, she keeps to herself a lot, and my dearest brother he is 2 years old today. I love him with all of my heart.
-J.F.M

Third person POV
Josette put down her pen and closed her old journal dusting herself off as She got up. It was very late, She couldn't sleep anymore. She had become very scared lately. She can't trust anyone anymore. With the town threatening to kill her because she a 'threat' to them. They believe that she practices magic. She put on her night gown and sat on the bed with her little brother Ted. The young girl messed with his red hair but then stopped, hearing footsteps growing closer and closer by the second. Josette got up to peek out of the window. "Bloody hell" she said at the sight of men marching towards her small house with torches. "Okay come on Ted we have to go." She said quietly picking him up along with two bags. She needed to make a decision, take her mother and sister with her or go alone with Ted. Both her mother and sister will slow her down...Josette stood there with her heart pounding. The brunette girl put her youngest brother on her back getting ready for what was to come next. "I'm sorry mother." Josette said quietly to herself. The girl opened the door with her fathers gun in her hand, he had taught her how to use it and quite honestly she was good at using one. "Okay everybody get back!" She shouted.
"And why would we do that missy?" One of the men asked. "Because I will shoot you, just let me pass on by with my brother, I'll be on my way. And you men can go about your business." Josette said. "I bet you don't know how to use that, your bluffing." The man continued to argue. Josette rolled her eyes she was about to shoot when out of know where she was pushed to the floor from behind. All she could hear was Ted crying from the fall. "Hey! Hey! Let go of him!" She yelled as she saw her small brother be taken into the arms of some stranger. "Now you best be quiet girl!" The man said as he kicked her in the stomach. Josette got up grabbing her fathers gun hitting the man with it. Suddenly the group of men ran towards her. Josette began to run with her two bags quickly grabbing Ted. Josette ran for about a minute into the dark woods still being chased. She couldn't see anything all she saw was the bright moon and the stars. She heard something snap, she fell rolling down a very small hill. Josettes head hit a rock, she slipped in and out of consciousness hearing muffled shouting and crying. "Wait...n-no please don't take him..." The weak Josette said quietly. Then everything went black.