III

Mrs. Shaw

Third Person POV
Josette and Thomas has been on their way to Boston for some time now. But they were almost there. The pair had talked about a lots of things and they have grew to be friends very quickly. He was a real gentleman, he was also kind and smart. But all Josette could think about was her family. Her father most likely hadn't come home yet, her mother is probably worried sick, her sister probably doesn't even notice. Josettes sister and her were never close. Ted, her baby brother, not a second goes by where she doesn't think about him. She hopes he's okay warm in his bed playing with his small wooden toys. All Josette felt right now was guilt, guilt that she left them...all of them.
Josette was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called by Thomas. Her attention was on him now. "Yes?" She asked. "We're here Ms. Mikaelson" Thomas responded getting off his horse. "Splendid." Josette said with a smile. Thomas helped her off the horse carrying her two bags. "Wow this a big house." She said with a nervous laugh. 'I definitely don't look like I belong here...' she thought to herself

"Oh you poor thing." Sarah said after Josette had told her what happened. Josette gave a soft smile and looked down. "Well Mrs. Shaw I've heard so much wonderful things about you and your husband." Josette said trying to change the subject. "Aww well thank you Mrs. Mikaelson." Sarah said with a smile. "It's Ms. Mikaelson....I'm not married." Josette laughed. "Well your young and beautiful I don't see why you aren't married yet." She said with a laugh. "You can stay for as long as you want consider yourself part of the family Josette!" Sarah said with a bright smile.
Josette had just finished bathing, she changed into a new night gown that Sarah had let her borrow. Josette finally felt clean. Josette found Sarah siting by the piano. "Oh do you play Mrs Shaw?" Josette asked out of curiosity. "Oh heavens no, it's just here for decoration darling." Sarah responded with a laugh. "Why? Do you play?" The woman asked. "Yes actually, and I also sing." Josette answered. "Well go on dear sing a song for me." Sarah asked, more like commanded. "Oh okay as you with Mrs Shaw." She said with a laugh. Josette took a deep breath and cleared her voice. "Think of me...think of me fondly when we've said good. Remember me every so often promise me you'll try....recall those days look back at all those times..." Josette paused as she forgot the words. "Think of me think of me waking silent and resigned. Imagine me trying to hard to put you from my mind. Think of me please say you'll think of me whatever is your choose to do there will never be a day where I won't think of you." The young girl finished singing, with a smile on her face "sorry that was a bit...bad I hadn't sang in a while..." Josette said with embarrassment. "No that was magnificent...you Josette Mikaelson have a gift." Sarah complimented. "Your different Josette." Sarah stated. Josette looked at her. "What do you mean by that Mrs. Shaw?" She asked. "I don't know...you have a fire in you...I don't see that in women that I have met, I feel like you will do great things one day. I'm just very fond of you Ms. Mikaelson." Sarah said with a smile. "Oh thank you I really appreciate it." Josette smiled back. "Where can I sleep?" Josette asked getting a bit tired. "You can sleep in my sons room." Sarah answered "You have a son?" Josette asked out of curiosity. "Yes, the great Robert Gould Shaw." Sarah said proudly. "Where is he now, if I may ask." The brunette questioned. "He is off with the union Army fighting the war dear. Only 23 years old, he is so brave." Sarah said. "Well I hope I get to meet him some day." Josette replied.
Sarah and Josette said goodnight, after Sarah guided her to her sons room. It was clean almost empty everything was untouched. Josette walked around the room slowly examining everything, his clothes were still here, Sarah had said that her son had been gone for two years, he comes back in one more. 'From everything Sarah has told me he seems like the heroic type.' Josette thought to herself.
Josette climbed into bed looking out the window at the moon and stars slowly started to drift off to sleep.

——————————————————————-
Yay! She met his mother.
I know that the song Josette sang wasn't around but oh well!
Did you like this chapter?
Please give me feedback and tell me what you think, give me ideas 💕💕💕💕