XX

Authority

Both Josettes and Cabot's boots stomped on the ground in unison, creating a slight rhythm as they ran to their Colonels tent in a hurry, their hats clenched in their hands to prevent from dropping it

Both Josettes and Cabot's boots stomped on the ground in unison, creating a slight rhythm as they ran to their Colonels tent in a hurry, their hats clenched in their hands to prevent from dropping it. They arrived, and without wasting a second Cabot pulled the sheet open not bothering to announce himself.

It was clear Robert wasn't ready for the day yet, he stood in front of a mirror looking at himself as he shaved. The man had on navy blue slacks on with a plain white long sleeve shirt that hugged his muscles perfectly. He turned around by the prominent noise of someone entering being heard. Still with shaving cream on his face, he looked at Cabot with some type of worry.

"Excuse me sir." Cabot apologized for barging in, "what is it?" Robert questioned putting down the razor. "We've uhh caught a deserter." He informed with some type of hesitation in his voice. By Roberts facial expression he was shocked by the news.

Snapping out of it he blinked a few times, "Let me put on my uniform, I won't be long." He said hurrying to his wardrobe, Cabot gave a nod and stood outside with Josette and Sergeant Mulcahy, no one speaking a word, until Josette got tired of the silence.

"Forbes what are they going to do to him?" She asked with worry, her mind ultimately going to the worst. Cabot didn't answer, he stood there with his hands folded behind his, not even making eye contact.

Then her eyes looked at Mulcahy for some type of answer "Surly he'll be okay right?" She asked the man who seemed to pay no attention to her, just like Cabot. Seeing that they weren't going to tell her she rolled her eyes and looked straight ahead trying to build a strong demeanor.

After a few moments Robert walked out quickly, they took no time to follow him, Cabot and Josette rushing to his side. "Are they going to shoot him?" Josette asked looked at Robert keeping up with his pace. "Oh lord here we go again." Mulcahy sighed, his Irish accent being heard behind them.

Just by a simple glance he could tell that she was worried, he was too, he had no idea what punishment the deserter had in store. Her eyes hopelessly searching for and answer in his. "No, no, of course not." His voice soothing, trying to calm her his arm wrapped around her waist and another on her shoulder, only for a split second to not make it seem like a big deal.

Cabot saw this action and looked at the two with a raised eyebrow, although they didn't see Cabot's puzzled expression. He had known Robert and knew that he wasn't very touching with girls, not even his lady friends back at home. Of course he had his suspicions about the two and had been very happy for the them if he were correct, but over that time his feelings changed.

When they arrived the boy with the drums had been playing as other men escorted the deserter through the crowd of men. All watching in awe, their eyes never leaving the man who had got caught trying to leave the camp.