IV

Fading

Josettes POV

I slowly woke up on the cold floor covered by leaves, the huge night sky was all I could see. I got up to look around....but nothing. Not even trees. But then in the distance I saw a small house. It was mine. "How did I end up back here?" I questioned myself. I slowly walked towards my house
But the walking turned into running. As soon as I reached my old small house I opened the door in a swift motion. "Mother?!" I called out...but nothing. "Sister?!" I called out...it was the same nothing. "Ted?! Father?!" No luck still nothing. "They aren't here..." a mysterious voice of a man appeared. "What? Who are you? Why are you in my house?" I said turning my head every direction...he was no where to be seen. "You will know who I am...eventually." The man said. "How dare you play this cruel trick on me! Where is my family?!" I shouted, then was quiet when I looked around me. Everything was fading away, right before my eyes. "Wait no don't go. You can't go. Why are you leaving?" I said weakly. "Because you left us..." a voice that sounded like my mother whispered. My eyes filled with tears. "No I didn't mean to." I said and I kept repeating. Then it was darkness.

I slowly woke up. "Wh-What happened?" I said holding my head. I looked to see Sarah Shaw siting on the bed beside me. "Oh dear you must've had a bad dream, you kept on saying 'no I didn't mean to' I tried to wake you up." The woman said. "Im so sorry for waking you Mrs. Shaw, it won't happen again." I said with the nod of my head. "No it's fine dear, i just wanted to see if you were okay." Sarah said with a warm smile. "Yes I'm fine, thank you Mrs. Shaw." I replied back returning the smile. "Well I'll leave you be, get some good sleep Ms. Mikaelson." She said walking out and closing the door to Roberts room. I laid back down looking at the ceiling then closing my eyes drifting off to sleep.

I had woken up very early it seemed to me because everyone had still been sleeping. I went down stairs to the kitchen. 'Well they let me stay here the least I can do is cook them some breakfast.' I thought to myself. I gathered everything I needed to make a decent breakfast and I went on to cooking
It took me about an hour and a half to finish with breakfast, now I just needed to set up the table.
I had a bit of a difficult time setting the table but I did it, I put the food on the plates and patiently waited for everyone to wake up.
"My my what do we have here?" Sarah said as she walked down with her husband. "Oh I made you lovely people breakfast, it's the least I can do for you two letting me stay...please sit Mr and Mrs. Shaw." I said as I pulled out the chair for them. They sat down and put their napkins on their laps. Mr. Shaw was the first one to take a bite. He closed his eyes "this...is delicious!" He said with a laugh. "You ms. Mikaelson are a keeper, Robert is going to love you." Mr. Shaw added and Sarah Elbowed him playfully on the shoulder. "Oh he's just playing Josette." Sarah said with a laugh. "Well I mean they are both in their early twenties, they aren't married, she's beautiful and a great cook, I don't see why not, you two will hit it off quite well I think!" Mr. Shaw said. "Well thank you mr. Shaw but I don't plan on getting married, I just want to focus on me, with all Do respect I don't need a man." I carefully said. "That's what they all say." Mr Shaw mumbled. "Well I'll let you two enjoy your breakfast." I said with a smile as I walked off. "Me? Marring their son? I don't even know him. No time for men I need to focus on me only." I whispered to myself as I walked the halls of the beautiful house.

——————————————————————-
Who do you think the mysterious voice belonged to?
Did you like this chapter?
Comment and give me feedback please
Share this story with you friends💕
Comment any ideas that you have!