VII

Strange Feeling

Roberts POV

As it was almost sunrise I decided that training was over. "Stand at attention!"
I shouted at Josette. She obeyed my command.

"You did good." I said walking around her. "But you can do better. You are dismissed."

The girl gave me a statue and made her way inside. I followed behind heading into my fathers office.

"Yes What is it Robert?" My father asked as I walked in.

"We need to talk....about the girl." I said firmly. He tilted his head and a smirk grew on his face.

"Ah I see, I was right I told your mother the two of you would grow quite fond of each other." The man said confidently.

My eyes widened a bit and I could feel myself blush. "What? No. That is not what I mean." He gave me a look to continue.

"She is a woman. She's not supposed to fight with men father, you know this. You can't put her out there."

"She is ready. I thought you were fine with this Robert?" He questioned.

"I was but..." I stuttered

"Come on boy spit it out!" The man said with a slight raise of his voice.

I wanted to tell him. Tell him that I felt like I needed to protect Josette, but I couldn't. The words wouldn't come out of my mouth. What is this strange thing I am feeling? It's just a girl Robert come on you don't actually like her, I thought to myself.

"Never mind." I said with slight disappointment. "Please don't put her in harms way." I begged, and with that I left the room.

No Robert, if she wants to be a soldier then you have a most likely chance of being her Colonel, you can't be soft on her. I thought

Your feelings will not get in the way Robert Shaw, because I am not a fool, especially for some silly girl.

———————————————————-
A short chapter, mainly to focus on Robert and his thoughts.