XII

A Kiss in the Rain

Josette put her cold small hands into the pocket of her light brown coat that was a bit big on her. The cold girl leaned against a poll to continue watching the men laugh and sing.

Robert had been watching her, he knew it was a bit creepy but he could never take his mind off of her. She was always on his mind no matter what he did.

Robert began to walk towards Josette but stopped in his tracks as Cabot began to talk to her.

Cabot beat him to her. Robert felt a small hint of jealousy grow inside him.

"Would you like me to show you to your room?" Cabot asked.

"It is getting rather late." He added

"Yeah, I'm getting tired anyways."

The two walked off with Cabot in the lead directing Josette to her tent.

Robert watched them walk off clenching his fist. 'What if he tries something with Josette?' He thought. 'He's always a charmer.'

"It's not much but Robert made sure that you were kept some distance away from the men." Cabot said as they entered the tent.

The tent was way bigger than the average, it had a small bed with two old blankets. It smelled like dirt but she couldn't complain. All the lanterns were lit up making it easier to see.

Josette smiled at the thought that Robert actually kept her in mind when they set up her tent.

The two haven't been on best terms. Robert had been a bit rude to her and she was just as rude back.

"Well thank you Cabot for showing me to my room, I appreciate it." Josette said with a smile.

"No problem. Sleep well and I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning" He gave a nod walking out.

Josette made sure the tent was closed, she changed into a loose blue sleeping gown.

The tired girl laid down on her small bed wrapping herself with the old blankets. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes.

Robert watched carefully as Cabot left Josette's tent with a glare in his eyes.

Nothing seemed to have happened but the paranoid man still watched carefully.

Robert felt pathetic. He couldn't man up and simply tell a girl his feelings. He had never felt this feeling, was it love? Robert had no clue but the man was confused in so many ways.

He walked to his tent taking off his navy blue coat and hat putting them away with care.

His tent was the biggest. With a bed, a desk and a small dresser. More like a office, it also had a sink and a mirror.

Robert changed into proper sleeping attire crawling into his warm bed. The tired man got comfortable rearranging his fluffy pillow and closed his eyes.

The sun began to rise hours later across the November sky. The morning sky began to take over Boston in a fast pace.

A few men woke up feeling the bright sun hit their sensitive and tired eyes.

Josette was one of the first ones awake the girl got ready putting on her uniform and leaving her natural curls down.

Josette quietly entered Roberts tent. He was still sleeping. Josette observed him with a warm smile plastered across her face. He looked so peaceful and calm.

She was Roberts 'personal aid', so she was technically a maid or a nurse to Robert if needs be.

First day on duty and no way was she going to blow it. She was going to show him that she is more than ready for this.