XV

Grow up some more

The crickets chirped non stop in a very annoying rhythm, they made her feel on edge for some reason, like something bad was bound to happen

The crickets chirped non stop in a very annoying rhythm, they made her feel on edge for some reason, like something bad was bound to happen. The girl couldn't sleep at all, so a nice stroll was a very much needed.

It was very late so she didn't This anyone was up, but from a distance she saw a light shining through Roberts large tent. Being the curious girl she was she sneakily made her way to his place of sleep.

Lately she had been getting very mixed signals from him, but who could blame him, he was the Colonel so he had to be very serious even when it came to Josette, she wasn't an exception and she understood that because it wouldn't be fair.

But she just didn't know if that kiss meant anything or it was just the spur in the moment, he hasn't said anything about it since. So she was very confused as anyone would be. She couldn't deny the fact that she was very found of him, she's never felt this way about anyone in her life, she looked up to him in so many ways.

From the moment she first met him it was like fire works going off, she felt like finally she was seen. A lot of men judged her for being a woman fighting for the union but Robert supported her, even though he was very protective.

He still didn't judge, she loved that about him, he judge no one, not for their sexual partners, not for their gender, or skin color, he was a man ahead of his time clearly, he was one of the good men.

Finally approaching his tent she peeking into the curtains, to afraid to actually approach or confront him. He seemed very concentrated on a letter he was righting, probably to his mother, he wrote to home frequently.

He truly is a beautiful man, she thought practically mesmerized as she watched him. She was very aware this was creepy and probably crazy but at the moment it didn't seem to cross her mind.

Slightly shifting her position her boots dragged on the dirt making a rather loud noise, loud enough for him to hear. His head snapped up quickly and saw a figure for a split second, only for a split second.

"Hello?" He called out wondering if someone really was there or his mind playing tricks on him. "You can come in if you'd like. I'm not busy." He added waiting for an answer, but it never came.

Pretending not to look he continued writing, but his eyes on the entrance of the tent, after a moment he saw Josette, clearly she didn't notice that he saw her, he was honestly quite flattered to say the least. A chuckle escaped his lips.

Then their eyes locked, immediate panic rushed through her, moving out of view and quickly away from the tent. She waited besides another for quite a while until she saw the light in the tent turn off, then after that she waited a few more minutes before approaching.

He was clearly asleep, his clothes piled in the floor. She was after all his personal aid so this was technically her job, to assist Robert with anything, like for instance tidying up.

𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝔂 | Robert Gould Shaw X OcOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara