XIII

Sergeant Mulcahy

Hey I'm finally back! Sorry this chapter is short💖 and it's also really boring I'm sorry🤧//

It was the next day. Josette and Robert had shared their first kiss. To both of them it was mesmerizing. The two went to their tents saying goodnight, both with a hint of rer on their cheeks. The night was spent tossing and turning daydreaming about one another not being able to sleep.

The sun light soon began to take over the almost black atmosphere. Josette and Cabot were one of the first to wake up.

The two greeted each other with a smile and a nod.

It was their job to get the other men up and ready for a new day.

Josette looked over her shoulder where the front entrance was, a man on a horse had arrived. The girl quickly walked towards the man. "You must be Drill Sergeant Mulcahy."

The man got off his horse. "Yes and you are?"

"Sergeant Josette Mikaelson sir." She said with confidence

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yes, I'm looking for Colonel Robert Shaw."

Josettes eyes widened. She had forgotten to wake him up. "Ah of course he's....just eating in his tent, I'll get him for you." Josette turned around moving quickly to Roberts tent.

The worried girl opened the tent in a swift motion marching in. "Robert wake up."

The man moved a bit and began mumbling. "Hold on just five more minutes."

"No get up now!" Josette whisper shouted. "The drill sergeant is here!"

No response, the aggravated girl pulled the sheets of his bed "Wake. Up."

Josette let out a frustrated groan. She got a cup of water in a clear glass that had been sitting on his desk and poured it on Roberts resting face.

"Ah! What the fuck! Why in God's name would you-" The man cut off by himself realizing that it was his beloved Josette.

Josette crossed her arms. "Sergeant Mulcahy is here and is expecting you."

"Y-Yes of course, I'll be out in a minute." Robert said clearly nervous.

There was a moment of silence, but it was interrupted

Major Cabot Forbes opened the tent. "Hurry up you two!" He said with a slight raise in his voice.

Josette waited outside Roberts tent as he got ready. The girl kicked the dirt with her black boots slouching ever so slightly.

The young lady was caught off guard by a hand being placed at the small of her back. She turned around to find that it was Roberts hand. He looked down at her and smiled, Josette returned the smile.

"Are you nervous?" She questioned with concern.

"No. Of course not." There was a slight since of doubt in his voice, but Josette gave him a reassuring smile.

The pair walked to Sergeant Mulcahy bumping shoulders now and then.

"Sergeant Mulcahy, what a pleasure to see you." Robert greeted with a nod.

His voice sounded a bit different than his regular one it was more tough and stern.

Josette stayed silent as they exchanged a few words.

"And is this your wife?" Mulcahy asked with a tilt of his head.

Josette let out a laugh but stoped when Robert gave her a look.

"No, she isn't." Robert said looking at Mulcahy then glanced at Josette "unfortunately..." He mumble low enough for the two not to hear.

Robert didn't know what they were, were they friends? Or more than that?

"Oh I see. Sorry for assuming." Mulcahy apologized.

"Ms. Mikaelson can you get the soldiers ready for training and form them by company please." Robert demanded

"Yes sir."

With that the girl walk off to the resting area. She saw the men talking around the small camp fire that was already getting warn out.

Josette stood up straight. "Attention Companies!" She shouted then the men stood up quickly at attention. Josette hated to admit it but it felt good that she had control over some of the men as weird as that sounds it made her feel confident.

They automatically formed formed a line. Josette walked through the line looking at each and every solider, some of them saluted her, which she returned.

"Sergeant Mulcahy has arrived, he is your drill sergeant and I expect you to listen to everything he says, you will do everything he say without question or hesitation, understand?" The girl said with a raise in her voice.

"Yes ma'am!" The men shouted in unison.

The new soldiers didn't disrespect her at all, she sometimes considered them as her friends. They were so kind and determined, they all had passion in their hearts. Josette wasn't any different than them they were all here for the same reason. She wanted to free slaves and make the country whole again and that's what she was going to do.

Josette got along with everyone...well almost everyone. Private Trip was his name. It's not that she didn't like him she just didn't like his attitude, he always had to pick a fight with everyone.

Josette began to lead the men to a area they would use for training. She glanced to her right where she saw Robert looking at her he had a small smirk on him. Josette felt herself blush.

"She has a fire in her that one." Mulcahy said referring to the young Josette.

Robert chuckled. "Indeed she does." His eyes still on her watching her every move as if he were in a trans.

"Are you guys together?" He asked with a smirk placed on his lips.

"Yes, yes we are." Robert said looking at Mulcahy.

——————————————————
Word Count: 932