V

Out With The Old

[One Year Later]
Josettes POV
"Left! Left! Left Right Left!" The drill Sargent repeated over and over again as The men and I followed his orders. It's been one year since I met the Shaw's, I was now part of their family. Mr. Shaw wanted me to make history and start training to go off to fight for the union. I loved it, it completed me, fighting for something felt so right I finally had a purpose, Mr and Mrs Shaw finally helped me find that purpose. There are 35 men currently training at the Shaw house. Mr. Shaw said out of the 35 men I am the best. I couldn't be more happier. I have my own uniform now, navy blue with Khaki pants. It didn't fit me big it was just the right size. Still some people give me looks, as they never seen a woman in uniform before. Once training was over I had went up to Roberts room which is the room I have been staying in for the past year. He is supposed to come home some time tomorrow or today. The family is having some type of gathering. Mrs. Shaw wants it to be perfect for her sons arrival. In other news Mr Shaw told me that Robert is a Colonel and he is very happy about that.
I went down to the kitchen to help Mrs. Shaw with the food for tomorrow. "Remember everything has to be perfect for tomorrow." Sarah reminded me. "Yes of course Mrs Shaw." I agreed with her. "Also three new uniforms came in for you today, just in case this one becomes dirty or Incase it tares." Sarah said as she cleaned up. "Oh thank you, please excuse me, I'm going to go change into something more comfortable." I said, then went upstairs into Roberts room carefully taking off my uniform putting on a loose night gown.
The rest of the day was spent preparing for tomorrow.
As the sun started to go down I began to write a letter to my family that was away in Salem, I wrote them a lot but they would write back not so often.
"Dear Mother, I hope you are doing well, I also hope that your new husband is treating you and my siblings just fine. I wonder how Ted is doing. He is turning three around this time of year. I'm doing fine if you are wondering. The family here treats me well. I am in training to go off to fight with the union, not many women can say that, and I am proud of that honor. Do not worry about me I will be fine, I am fighting for a good cause that I believe in. I am fighting for equality, so all of us can be one. Send my love to Ted and my sister
-Love Josette F Mikaelson

Roberts POV
At last I was finally back home in Boston, I missed this place, I missed my home, I missed my mother and my father. The horse carriage went to a stop in front of my fathers house. I grabbed my bags and hopped off confidentially walked up the steps and knocking on the door awaiting for someone to answer.
The door open and I saw my beautiful mother, her face lit up as she saw it was me who was knocking. "Oh my! Robert your back! My son I have missed you!" Said my mother in excitement. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Come in, Come in, I have someone you'll want to meet." She said as I stepped in the house. "Who is he Mother?" I questioned. "It's not a he it's a she, she came to us for help about a year ago. She's been staying with us ever since. She is a absolute delight. Such a sweet girl." Said my mother "Ah I see, where is this woman you speak of?"
I asked. "She's upstairs in your room." She answered and I nodded making my way to my old room. There she was. She had long brown curly hair, she seemed to be writing a letter on the desk. As I entered the room and nervously cleared my throat. "Hello." I said fixing my uniform. The woman quickly turned around to face me, and boy was she beautiful. That made me even more nervous. "Oh Hello sir...you must be Robert Gould Shaw." She said as she stood up. "Yes I am and you are?" I asked wanting to get her name. "Mikaelson, Josette Frances Mikaelson." She said with a smile. "Nice to meet you." I said swiftly grabbing her hand and laid a kiss on it, she turned a bit red. I glanced on my bed and saw a uniform that was laid on it. "Who's is that?" I asked. "It's mine." She said nervously. "Your father has been training me, to fight with the union..." the girl added. I smiled and looked at her "that's fantastic." I replied "do you enjoy it?" I asked putting down my bags. "Oh yes sir very much." She answered quickly. "It's a honor really fighting with you men for a good cause." Josette said with a bright smile on her face which only made me smile. "Well I hope to see you in action one day Josette." I said looking at her with a smile. "Well sir I think I should probably get going this is your room after all, I'll be on my way good night sir, sleep well." She said in a hurry gathering her uniform and some dresses. Josette hurried out the door but forgot her letter. I know it was wrong but I just couldn't help myself, i picked up the letter and began to read it. "A woman fighting for the union? Well I'll be damned." I said to myself. She was really a fighter. It was honestly attractive it just made her more beautiful than she already is. 'What are you talking about Robert, shut up you imbecile.. why am I even thinking about her. Ugh god Robert she's just a girl.' I argued with myself.
After a while I changed out of my uniform and into some comfortable sleeping attire. I laid down in my bed drifting off to sleep.

—————————————————————-

Omg They both finally met💕💕💕

Did you like the chapter?
Any suggestions or ideas?
Give me feedback please and share with your friends!!!