VI

Training

Third Person POV

Josette was laying in a warm guest bed in Boston. The blankets were comfortably wrapped around the sleeping girl. The door to the guest bathroom creaked open but she didn't think anything of it.
Then SPLASH!!! A bucket of ice cold water had been poured all over the girl.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." Her drill Sargent said

Josette woke up with her heart pounding

"What time is it?" The soaking wet girl asked and looked out the window...it was still dark...probably passed midnight.

"It is time for you to get into your uniform and start training." The drill Sargent said with a straight face. "I expect you to be outside and dressed in 5 minutes, Colonel Shaw's orders." And with that the man had left the room.

"What?" Josette said to herself. "Colonel Shaw?" She questioned. Then it hit her. "Robert..." she said with a bit of anger. She began to get dressed into her navy blue uniform putting on her union hat over her now wet hair.

The girl hurried down the stairs, walking out side to the back. She saw Robert with his back turned looking at the view.

"Are you insane?! It's not even sunrise yet!" Josette shouted in a whisper.

"Well I am aware of that Ms. Mikaelson. I don't think you should be talking to a Colonel like that." Robert said with a bit of a playful glare.

Josette realized that he was correct about the last part she stood up straight and gave him a salute which he returned. "Sorry sir, what do you want?" She asked with a serious face.

He let out a chuckle. "At ease soldier." Robert said. "I want you to train with me...honestly I want to see what you got." Robert added. "My father has told me that you are one of the best soldiers he has ever trained and I want to see if he is correct."

Josette said nothing. "Can you shoot?" Robert asked breaking the silence.

"Yes sir." Josette answer

"How fast can you reload?" Robert asked

"Three aimed shots a minute sir, with a rifle." Josette answered again.

"Hmmm impressive." Robert said with a small smirk. "Ms. Mikaelson why do you want to become a soldier? You do realize you might be killed in battle?" Robert carefully explained.

Josette didn't answer. "You may speak freely soldier." Robert added

"I am aware that I might die sir, but I'm not afraid, it will be a honor to fight with your men. It is for a good cause, against the confederate army who had been making humans who look different do meaningless labor. I will fight for them, because I owe them my freedom so that one day they will be free sir." Josette said looking up at him.

"And I will let nothing stand in my way just because I am a woman. I want to fight, I want to fight for their freedom sir." The girl added

Roberts POV

I was breath taken by the bravery of this young girl. She wasn't like the others. She had a brave and courageous heart. Her words spoke the truth, she made up her mind and she knew what she wanted. She wanted to fight, and that was a very clear point she made.

I looked down at her and smiled. "Then let's get to training Ms. Mikaelson." I said with the nod of my head

"Yes sir." She saluted.

From what I learned she had been in training for one year and she was already better than the average man. She marches very well, and reloads quickly.
I all my years I have been alive I had never seen a woman in uniform.

While she is training she looks at me for my approval. I keep my eyes on her with every small step she makes. But when she senses my eyes I look away.

I have no clue what this is.
Or this feeling that I am getting, it is strange to me I might say because I have never felt anything like it.
I think I'm probably catching a cold.