Chapter 3

Season: 7

Episode: Meet the New Boss

***

"Well, we've got most of this stuff," Bobby says as he reads the spell. "But we're going to have to make a run for a few things."

"Like?"

"Like an act of God crystallised forever."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask as I sit perched on one of the old tables

"I think it means an actual crystal. See, lightning strikes sand at the right angle - it crystallises into the perfect shape of itself."

"Lightning. Act of God." Sam says in realisation.

"Jinga. You got yourself a fulgurate and we're gonna need a biggie."

"And let me guess... rare." Dean says in annoyance

"I found records of an auction. Winning bidder lives about nine hours from here."

That's all I need. I fly out. I'm drained, and dizzy and sick. I barely have any grace left. But I had enough to fly in and get the crystal, knock out the guy who shot me for taking it and fly back.

"Got it." I say, adrenaline pumping too hard to really notice my bullet wounded shoulder. "Let's do this shit."

They all jump to action, clearing a space, laying out the bowl, drawing the sigils. After everything is set up, Sam nods to Bobby to start before walking over to me. He grabs my arm and I hiss, pulling it back and looking down at it. "Huh..." I whisper before brushing it off as if it was a graze.

"Um... hello? Death?" Dean calls out when he doesn't appear. I'd assume the spell didn't work but the ground was shaking quite roughly a little earlier.

"You're joking." Dean says from behind me. I spin around. I'm face to face with the man himself.

"I'm sorry, this isn't what it seems." Dean says.

"It seems like you bound me." Death lifts up his hands to show the magical ties around his wrists.

"For good reason." I snap. For the guys' sake I make it look as if it's because I'm moody and pissed -which is true- but I'm deliberately trying to piss death off.

"This is about Sam's hallucinations, I assume? Or your child?"

"What?" Dean and I say

"Sorry, Sam. One wall per customer. And I can't bring back what isn't dead... Now unbind me." So... Castiel wasn't lying. Which means he has her somewhere to tap into her power. Or worse, he intends to raise her with these values.

"We can't. Y-yet." Sam tiptoes around a response while I simply spit out a no.

"This isn't going to end well." Good I think, but don't express it just yet.

"We need you to kill God." Dean speaks up.

"Pardon?" Death is just as taken aback as I was. I thought we were getting him for a weapon. Not for, well, him.

"Kill god." I speak up, recovering quickly. "Surely you know there's a new boss in town. If you were able to tell my baby was still alive."

Sam grabs my injured shoulder tightly, probably deliberately, to shut me up. It wouldn't but I had nothing else to say until he spoke up anyway.

"What makes you think I can do that?" Death is rather amused at the conversation.

"You told me." Dean says simply.