Chapter 7

Season: 7

Episode(s): The Girl Next Door

***

"Mia!" I hear Dean yell. I snap up, so does Celeste. "Dean." She says simply, blinking and disappear.

"Dammit! Dean, is she with you!" I yell out as I get some clothes on.

"Yeah!" He yells out as I stagger out, pulling down my shirt.

"What happened?" I ask. "What's with the wake up call?"

"Sam. He's gone." He shows me the note.

"What?"

"Sammy?" Celeste asks with a fistful of cake in her hand. Where'd she even get that?

"No. You're staying here, missy. Do not go to Uncle Sam." I say, pointing a stern finger at her as I go to search around the room for clues as to where he's gone.

"Call Bobby, maybe he knows where he went."

"Already on it." Dean has a phone to his ear, he starts ringing.

"The other shoe." He says simply upon answering.

"What?" I ask as I turn around to look at him. He's on the phone

"Other shoe. He took off." Giving up on searching for clues, I turn my attention to Celeste who has cake all over her damn face.

I sigh, listening in on the one-sided conversation as I make attempts at cleaning and dressing her for the day.

"I don't know. Nowhere good." I focus on Celeste, pulling funny faces at her as I take off her messy shirt, realising it's a little tighter than what it was yesterday and knowing I'll probably have to buy/steal her new clothes again soon.

"Yeah, but his me-time ain't just him. I mean, for all we know he's road trippin' with Lucifer somewhere. Left me here like Jimmy friggin' Stewart." I give Dean a warning look to cool his temper as I change Celeste into a pink dress with a white under shirt before grabbing a wipe to clean her face.

"Straight to voicemail. He turned his GPS off, too. And he took my car! Too late!" There's a pause. "All right." Dean hangs up and looks to me, I look up at him.

"Wanna help me get the cast off?"

"Excuse me?"

"You can either help or I'm doing it myself."

I groan and sit Celeste down on the couch, switching the channel to some Spanish kids show. Honestly, how did Rufus only have Spanish cable? "Fine. But in the other room."

-

"Dean!" I scold as he punches my brother hard in the face, right in front of Celeste who wast just standing by his feet and taking in every detail of his actions.

"What? You were killing people while pregnant with her, if she starts getting violent, that's on you." He says as he shakes out the tenderness from his punch before stepping aside to let Sam in. Celeste starts following him as my twin walks to the fridge to get something to cool his black eye.

"Hey, princess." He says, picking her up as he sits down at the table across from me.

"New rule. You steal my baby, you get punched. The hell were you thinking, Sam, running off like that? I mean, for all I know, Satan could have been callin' your plays." Dean snaps and I frown. I never really thought of it like that. I thought of it like my brother went off to fight a monster that almost killed us 15+ years ago alone and needed backup.

Sam sighs and looks down at his niece before looking back up to Dean. "Dean, look, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm fine."

"Oh, yeah, no, you're a poster boy for mental health."