Chapter 20

Season: 7

Episode: The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo

***

It's been a month since Cas loved me and left me again... and Celeste hasn't been taking it real well. I learnt out pretty quickly after that that her powers are linked to her emotions and, when she feels like crying a river, an unexpected freak storm appears which floods a whole city and creates said river.

So once again, I had been taking a little hiatus from hunting to keep her under control, still refusing to just use the cuffs. She wouldn't know how to defend herself if she was mortal.

That was, until I got a message from what I'm assuming was Dean's new number after the demon attack last month destroying his old phone saying Got a lead, plus other stuff. It's important. Get your ass to Chicago.

So, that's where I am, waiting in the car with my hands tapping impatiently on the steering wheel as Celeste sits in the back with some earphones in, listening to music on her stolen iPod to keep her calm. It's working so I don't really mind.

I jump slightly when I hear a tap on the window, grabbing my spray bottle of borax and squirting the two boys who give me bitch faces as I step out of the car.

"Good to see you too." Sam says, wiping his face. "How've you been... how has she been?" He continues, nodding to the girl in the back seat.

"You know, same old shit, different day really. We're getting there, she's still growing like a weed and causing the occasional freak storm making us have to relocate. Now, you said there was crap I needed to be filled in on?"

"Yeah, um... a bit actually." Dean says and I nod, placing the spray bottle on the car roof before leaning against the side.

"Okay then, fill me in."

"So, were here because we got a lead on Dick. His big plan? Human slaughter-houses."

"Delightful." I comment, nodding for him to continue.

"The food, the cures... that's all to make us the perfect food source. No fighting back, no imperfections to taste and population etc etc."

"Mhm. Frank's dead, how'd you get so much so quickly?"

"I'm getting to Frank, he's in the story too but first... it was Bobby."

"Bobby? What?"

"He denied his reaper. He's a ghost." Sam says and I groan and cover my face. "How? I mean, we gave him a hunter's funeral."

"His flask." Dean says with a hard look and annoyed tone. I nod.

"Okay, great. We've got a ghost relative, that's awesome. Now... the other shit? You were saying something about Frank?"

"Oh, right." Dean says, shoving his hands in his pocket. "We got an E-Mail from frank's address. Someone has his hard drive, in Roman Enterprises itself, on the drive is all information about us, leviathans... everything."

"Let me guess. The Enterprise is here?" The boys glance at each other and I sigh, looking in the car to see Celeste now asleep, earphones still in. "Why is it you're always dragging me into Leviathan shit?"

"Because we don't want to do it alone, or, we at least want you to know that if you don't hear from us after this... we're dead."

My eyes narrow. "Shut up and tell me you at least have a lead on who has the drive or how to get it back?"

"Uh, Yeah." Sam pulls out his phone and shows a video feed of a red haired woman staring off at the computer, I'm assuming hacking into the drive and that's her web cam feed.

"Great, lets start with that then, dumbasses." I pick up the spray bottle from the car roof, spraying them again just to piss them off before climbing in and staring the engine back up.

-

"Get away from me, you..." The girl in question says, picking up a prop sword beside her. "shapeshifter!"

"Look, we're not shapeshifters." I sigh, holding my head. I was tired. I was annoyed. I wanted to just murder these bitches and go. The woman swings the sword at me but I grab it in my hand, squeezing tight. It snaps cleanly in half. It was a cheap plastic after all. I take the sword off her and throw it to the side. "Listen, kid. I've had a rough couple of months, alright? We're not leviathans, just the poor bitches trucking to stop the suckers." She doesn't seem very convinced. "Fine. We'll prove it. Know what borax does to them?" I ask and nod to Dean with his bottle of cleaning agent.

"Yeah." She says from her corner. She was scared, I could tell.

"Sam?" Dean says in prompt for Sam to hold out his arm. He does, Dean spills some liquid. He does the same to me and Celeste before finally him. "Your turn." He says, handing the bottle to the red haired woman.

"Good." He says when she splashed herself and nothing happens. He takes the bottle back.

"Who the hell are you guys?"

"As I said: the poor bastards trying to save the world."