1 - NIGHTMARES

A kid just came home from school. Just as he was about to enter the door, he heard screams and crying.

"MOM!" the kid shouted and immediately entered the house even with his a cast is his leg.

The first thing he saw was his father beating up his mother again and again. It's traumatizing to for him to see how for the hundredth time, he witnessed her mother getting beaten up but not being able to do anything.

"Dad! Stop!" the kid said then immediately held his father's arm to prevent him from swinging the flower vase.

"Stay away from here!" his mother said as his father pushed him away.

"I am so damn tired of you! I am regretting marrying a woman like you! You useless scum!" the dad said to her wife with a huge bit of alcohol in his body.

The kid then saw his father about to swing the vase to his mother then...

"NOOO!!!" the man said as he woke up from his nightmare. He was breathing heavily, his body full of sweat and his heart beating so fast. After calming himself, he decided to check the time in his phone.

"2:57 am. Seems like I'll be way early for work." the man said then he turned off his laptop. 

Everytime he got woken up by a nightmare, he always did something to keep his mind away from the horror. No matter how terrifying this day is, this happening is not new to his life... as this same nightmare haunted him since he was 6 six years old, up until now when he was 27.

He was so into working that he did not even notice it's past 7 am already. Good this there was a knock on the door to distract him.

"Chanyeol? I brought breakfast." the lady said with a smile on her face that immediately changed when he saw Chanyeol working so early in the morning.

"How long have you been up?" the lady asked.

"5 am? I think... Oh Mom, could you get me coffee too?" 

"Okay. Eat up." the lady replied.

After readying himself, he immediately went to take a bath. Then he picked his usual all black outfit for office. 

He may be an owner of a growing company, but he looks like he only owns few clothes as he wore the same damn clothes every time

He may be an owner of a growing company, but he looks like he only owns few clothes as he wore the same damn clothes every time. Everyone who sees him in the office will probably think the same.

Black pants, black suit, black car and a dark expression is what makes Park Chanyeol... Park Chanyeol.

As soon as he entered office, the hall went quite. Because of his appearance, his staff always called him 'lucifer'. He wasn't the baddest boss, nor the most good but he definitely is a serious one. The never ending gossip in his office was what is the reason why he became like that. They all believe he was a good person but something happened to him that made him built a wall around everyone else. Only one person in the office knows the reason though. His closest friend and the COO of his company, Suho.

"Oh, Chanyeol... I can't come with you today because I have an urgent meeting. I asked my mother to come with you instead." Suho said then suddenly laughed.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" Chanyeol said, confused.

"It's just funny how call my mother 'mom' but I call her my 'mother'. I feel like a bad kid." Suho explained.

"Well, you are a bad kid though." Chanyeol said.

"By the way, why did you have to buy a house so undervalued? I mean, the house is beautiful but the price is pretty low. What if there were ghosts? or dead bodies? or pests?" Suho asked.

"First of all, there are no such thing as ghosts. Second, dead bodies decomposes. Lastly, Pests can be killed. Also, I heard the house was being sold because it's too big for the owner. If he had that big of a house, then maybe he also has lots of money so he decided to sell at a low price. That's why I'll go to check."

"Okay. Chill out"

"If you have nothing to say anymore, I'm planning to finish everything I need to finish so I can go there immediately and leave my house." Chanyeol said.

"Goodluck then. I hope you find the peace you need in that house."

"Shut the hell up and leave." Chanyeol replied to his friend. Suho knows Chanyeol very well and he is well aware of everything that happened in his friend's life.

Chanyeol may not have replied but he also hopes the last statement of his friend will come to life but he knows... nothing can help him anymore as he thinks everything will forever be in his mind.

Atleast that's what he believes... but it's going to change soon.