11 - HEADWAY (Part I)

head · way
noun
1. move forward or make progress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On her way home Chaeyoung's thoughts were flying. She was so excited for the business trip and had a few plans in mind. She had a huge smile on her face but that vanished the moment she saw something on her door.

"Unnie! Oppa! What the heck are you doing?!" Chaeyoung shouted which shocked the two people outside her door.

Why did I even ask? Obviously they're kissing. Duh.

"Chaeyoung! I-" Jisoo wasn't able to talk.

"I think I need to go. Bye Jisoo. Goodnight Chaeyoung" Suho said then immediately left. The girls then entered the condo but there was silence all over.

"Unnie... I thought you didn't like him?" Chaeyoung broke the silence.

"I said I wasn't sure." Jisoo cleared.

"Then... why..." Jisoo knew what Chaeyoung wanted to say so she immediately answered.

"My father. You know what happened to him and mom right?" Jisoo answered and the thought of what happened replayed to her mind.

Her father and her mother a huge fight and both even considered divorcing. Just as her father was planning to say sorry to her mother, her father fathered got involved in an accident that cost his life. He wasn't even able to say everything he wanted to say.

"I just don't want to waste time you know"

"But why were you two kissing?" Chaeyoung asked which made both of them laugh.

"Chaeyoung I'm 26 already."

"Well atleast do it inside." Both of them looked at each other then laughed out loud.

"By the way Unnie, We're going to Thailand for a business trip on Monday." 

"Really? Finally! If not only because of your-" Jisoo was gonna say something when Chaeyoung cut her off.

"My old boss' son."

"You're ex boyfriend. Maybe you wouldn't be just a secretary."

"Let's leave him be Unnie."

"Fine."

Sunday went by so fast. Too fast actually. Chaeyoung wasn't able to get her mom's cassette tapes on her old house because she was busy packing for the trip. Monday came Chanyeol went to pick up Chaeyoung on her condo so they could go to the airport together.

On their way to the airport, Chanyeol wasn't talking a lot. Chaeyoung brushed it off at first but even right on the plane, he still ignored her even when they were seated beside each other.

"Mr Park... Is everything alright?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Everything will be alright. Just a few childish mistakes in the office." Chanyeol answered and give a small smile to Chaeyoung.

"You know what will make me feel better? Don't call me Mr. Park outside work. I feel old." 

"But what should I call you Sir?" 

"Just Chanyeol" Chanyeol said and immediately went to sleep.

"I looked so cool" Chanyeol thought.

"Is he trying to look cool? He looked so rude." Chaeyoung thought.

The moment they landed, excitement is exudes on Chaeyoung's face. She hasn't been out of the country since she was three years old, and she doesn't even remember any of it. She felt like a little girl again... and she's acting like one.

WIthout even unpacking, Chanyeol sat on a small atudy table beside the all glass window,  pulled out his laptop and started working.

"What will we do today Sir? I mean Chanyeol" Chaeyoung asked with a cute voice acting like a little girl.

"Oh... right." Chanyeol said then pulled out a pile of documents from his bag.

"Study this so we will be ready in case they have questions."

"What's this?" Chaeyoung was puzzled.

"What do you think it is? Work. Why? This is a business trip. We have to take care of business. Do you think this is some kind of field trip?" Chanyeol asked, obviously tring to pester and tease Chaeyoung.

"Aren't we gonna enjoy thailand?"

"Don't you find working fun?" Chanyeol always loved teasing Chaeyoung. He finds her bewildered face too cute.

"Just as I find a reason to like you... You just give me another reason not to." Chaeyoung thought.

"Fine, Mr. Park." Chaeyoung said and picked up all the documents. They were staying in a pretty big room that has two beds so Chaeyoung went to one of the beds and read.

"I told you to call me Chanyeol" 

"Well Mr. Park... Aren't we working? This is a business trip after all" Chaeyoung said with a teasing smile.

"Right. We have a meeting today at 1 in the afternoon. We need to focus on the work today." 

"Of course... this is a business trip after all." Chaeyoiung muttered so lowly for Chanyeol not to hear.

"The earlier we finish, the more time to wander around right?" Chanyeol said which gained Chaeyoung attention. All of her attention to the point where she almost spilled the water she was drinking on the bed.

"So we will go around places?" 

"Of course. We have to enjoy thailand right? but only if we finish work early and we close the deal."

"Oh sure Sir. Working is so much fun." 

"See? Your bad isn't that bad is he?" 

"Well, he's not that good either because he likes teasing his secretary but if he gives his secretary a free tour then maybe his secretary will think again." Chaeyoung said but his boss' reply shocked her.

"Who said I will give you a free tour? You will have to pay back." 

"Aish. You're a businessman after all. It's always about the money."

"Who said something the money? You'll have to pay using something else. You'll know soon." Chanyeol with a teasing smile.

"What is this guy thinking? " Chaeyoung thought.

"Should I ask her already? 'Will you go-" Chanyeol's thought was cut off when Chaeyoung's phone went ringing.

"Oh Daniel! Yeah! I missed you too! Oh you're flying to korea next week? Okay... Take care then. I'm working right now so I'll talk to you later. I'll call you later. I love you!" Then Chaeyoung dropped the call. Chaeyoung talked to the phone with excitement which made Chanyeol feel a little pich in his chest.

" Or perhaps I shouldn't ask her yet... or not at all." Chanyeol thought