17 - HER OWN NIGHTMARE

The whole breakfast, Chaeyoung's mind was somewhere else. Everytime Chanyeol or Mrs Kim looked at her, she would smile and try to hide the weird nervousness she is feeling. Good thing she was a good actress because both of them did not seem to notice.

"Do Kyungsoo... what do you want?" Chaeyoung thought the whole time.

After eating breakfast, Chanyeol offered to bring Chaeyoung home but she forced Chanyeol not to and the man agreed in the end because he needed to finish some things for work. 

Chaeyoung immediately looked for Jisoo the moment she entered the house. Good thing her mother and Hyunsuk went to YG for his private audition.

"Unnie. Where is it?" Chaeyoung asked and Jisoo immediately pointed at the gifts in the kitchen counter.

There was a bouquet of white roses, Chaeyoung's favorite flower... and a white box. In the box there is a note attached.

To the bride I almost had...

I miss you so much babe. I know you know I still love you.
And I know you know I am watching you.
You know where to call me.
I know you'll call me.
Do it soon, or I'll do something for you to do it.
You know me well Babe.

Love,
Kyungsoo

"Unnie... what does he want?" Chaeyoung was worried. He knows the capabilities of his ex. She's seen it when she was working for their company.

"I don't know Chaeng... Maybe your ex just wants attention. I think you should ignore him."

"But what if he really does something? Especially now that my mother and brother are here in Korea..." 

"So you will call him?" Jisoo asked.

"I have to." Chaeyoung said then dialed his number.

"I'll be here in my room." Jisoo said then left Chaeng in the kitchen. 

It did not even take a second ring for Kyungsoo to answer.

"I know you'll call me. How are you? Did you miss me?" Kyungsoo said sounding so sweet and dearly.

"Enough with the bullshit Kyungsoo what do you want?" Chaeyoung asked obviously irritated.

"I just missed you so much. Didn't you miss me?" Kyungsoo really talks like he's teasing Chaeyoung.

"Seriously? After 6 months you're gonna appear like that acting like nothing happened? Let me remind you Do Kyungsoo... You're the one who fucking cheated and fucked another girl in the office. You're asking me if I miss you? No. I did not. Is there anything you want to hear?" This time, Chaeyoung wasn't just irritated. She was fuming with anger.

"I just wanted to congratulate you and Park Chanyeol... Sadly, you won't even last a month." Chaeyoung was speechless. All along she was worried about her family but she realized Kyungsoo did love her family but... Chanyeol...

"How did you know about Chanyeol?" Chaeyoung asked. They weren't even together for more than 2 hours and now...

"I have my ways Babe. You know that."

"Don't you dare touch him. What do you want?"

"I just have a simple offer. Don't worry. I won't do harm to your boyfriend if you follow nicely. Leave him. Come back to me. And if anyone will know, I'll ruin his life."

"Kyungsoo..."

"I love when you call my name. I'm not that bad so I'll let you enjoy your relationship for a week. You'll see the next few days what I mean with what I said." 

Chaeyoung didn't know what to say.

"Enjoy your day Babe. I love you." Kyungsoo said then dropped the call.

Chaeyoung then immediately went to Jisoo for help. She had a hint on how Kyungsoo must have known about her relationship with Chanyeol so she decided to get a notebook and a pen and talked to Jisoo in that way.

"Unnie, I think I need to get my phone checked. Kyungsoo knows about me and Chanyeol."

"Well, anyone can know. You always go out with him for work."

"No unnie. Not that. Earlier today, I already said yes to Chanyeol being my boyfriend. There was no other way he could've know but my phone. It was my money but I bought this with him."

"Okay. I'll tell Suho later. Wait... Did you just say Chanyeol is now your boyfriend?"

"Yes unnie. But I don't think it will last long."

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"I have a week to decide. If I don't follow him, he threatens to do something to Yeol."

"Well, it's your decision Chaeyoungie... but I want you to know, the moment I see your ex again I will kill him."

Later that day, Suho and and Jisoo went with Chaeng to get her phone checked and they were able to confirm that her phone was tapped. Kyungsoo can hear everything through the microphone of Chaeyoung's phone.

"Should I fix it?" the the shop owner asked... obviously they are talking in a notebook.

"Don't" Chaeyoung replied which gave her a wide eye from Jisoo and Suho.

"I know he'll notice if I fix it. I don't want him to do anything. I need every extra second I can get. Can I borrow your old phone unnie?" Chaeyoung asked and Jisoo immediately replied with an of course.

The next morning, she received an early text from Kyungsoo.

FROM DO KYUNGSOO:

One day down... you still have 6 days to say goodbye. I have a surprise for you today.

The moment she read the text, she did not hesitate and immediately went to Chanyeol's house. She decided not to leave her phone since she noticed someone has been following her after their Thailand trip but also brought Jisoo's old phone. To her surprise, Chanyeol was at the veranda at six in the morning but is in obvious distraught.

"Chaeyoung?! What are you doing here? It's still so early." Chanyeol asked, shocked that her girlfriend was there at six in the morning.

"I just... I really missed you. Are you okay? You seem... stressed." Chaeyoung asked worriedly. Looking at his man, it's obvious the guy did not have much sleep nor is at peace.

"Everything is fine. Don't worry." He was not a good actor. Chaeyoung gave her an 'I don't believe you' type of look so he had no choice but to tell the truth.

"It's just that... the company is in shambles right now." Chanyeol replied not knowing what to do.

"So... this is what you meant Do Kyungsoo. " Chaeyoung thought.