19 - STRANGERS

It's been more than a month since Chaeyoung followed Kyungsoo's deal and her life was totally different. She had to leave Jisoo's place and go to Kyungsoo's place to his request, she only meets Jisoo once a week and is never allowed to meet Jisoo when Suho is there, she's not allowed to work and only stays at Kyungsoo's place the whole day and most importantly, she's not allowed to talk or meet Chanyeol. She hasn't heard much about him aside from the fact that his company is now thriving and he is back to being the rude CEO he once was.

It was a friday and Kyungsoo was invited to a business party the next day. Chaeyoung has been bugging him about going out so he thought this will be a good time because he will be with her.

"You want me to go to a business party with you? Are you nuts?" Chaeyoung asked. And yes, she still hates Kyungsoo.

"Yeah. You're my muse. Of course you should be there." Kyungsoo said as he took of his suit and placed it in the coat rack. He then sat beside Chaeyoung but obviously, Chaeyoung moved away.

"Besides, you wanted to go out right? If you'll be a good girl tomorrow, then maybe I might consider letting you out more often." Kyungsoo said which made Chaeng a little nervous.

"What do you mean?" she asked. Kyungsoo then threw an invitation from his bag and went to drink some water.

"What would I do with this?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Just read." Then Kyungsoo went to his room to go get changed.

Chaeyoung read the invitation and it had the time, place and theme of the occasion on the first page. On the next pages were the names of the CEOs invited but only one name made Chaeyoung interested.

"Park Chanyeol"

"What the fuck is this?" Chaeyoung angrily asked.

"An invitation?" Kyungsoo answered sarcastically.

"I know Idiot. Chanyeol will be here. You pushed me away from him for long and now you want me to attend a party with him? Sitting on the same table?!"

"Well, it's true I've kept you for long... and I think it's about goddamn time he knows why you left him. For me."

"Shut up. I left for him and his company. Not for you."

"Well, that's not what he knows." Kyungsoo said as he made his way onto his bed.

"and also... try to look daring tomorrow. I want him to be attracted to you so bad but he knows he can't touch you" Kyungsoo smirked and shut the door.

"tomorrow... it'll really be a different day." Chaeyoung said as she went to her room to also get some sleep.

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up and was greeted by a black fit, with a high slit and a thin strap. Next to it is a note attached that said...

I had a meeting to attend to
but I'll pick you up at 7.
And remember babe...
BE DARING ;)

"Gosh he's disgusting." Chaeyoung thought.

"But yes Do Kyungsoo. I'm gonna be daring tonight. Just not for you." Chaeyoung thought.

She then went to a salon to get her hair colored into a more lighter blonde which she obvoiusly had to get approval from Kyungsoo. She then asked Jisoo's help to what shoes to wear and to her make-up. It took her 4 hours to get her hair done, an hour for her nails which still gave her a 3 more hours to prepare. She then went to her room, opened her desk and picked up a necklace and a ring given to her by Chanyeol when they were still just going out.

"This is for you Chanyeol" Chaeyoung said and after 30 minutes, she got her make-up done that lasted for a good 2 hours because they tried on different hair styles, and shoes and make-up. A few minutes after they finished, Kyungsoo went to pick up Chaeyoung wearing a whitle turtle neck and a black velvet suit.

"You look good babe." Kyungsoo said as he reached out for Chaeyoung's hand.

"You look good too... but you still have a dirty personality so there's no sense." 

"Well, this man with dirty personality is living with you right now." Kyungsoo said with a smirk and pulled Chaeyoung's arm.

The ride to the venue was really quiet. Kyungsoo held Chaeyoung in his arm and it made Chaeyoung uncomfortable but there was one thing in her mind.

"Let him do this... we need to get to that venue whatever happens."

They entered the hall and there were only few people but the person, whose attendance matters the most that night is present. Chanyeol was sitting in the table with Suho beside him. Kyungsoo then sat beside Chanyeol and Chaeyoung sat on Kyungsoo's right. The moment she entered, the man did not even glance at him.

"So... Mr Park. Nice to finally meet you." Kyungsoo said and shook Chanyeol's hand which he received. 

"Nice to meet you too Mr Do? Right?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo answered with a smile.

"Well, I'm here with Mr Kim. He's my temporary secretary." Chanyeol said.

"Oh... is that so? you have a very handsome date tonight then." Kyungsoo joked which Chanyeol sarcastically laughed at.

"Well, I am with Ms Park Chaeyoung tonight." Kyungsoo said then placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Your secretary?" Suho asked.

"No. My girlfriend." Kyungsoo said but Chanyeol did not react at all.

"I don't let my girlfriend work Mr Kim. I like her staying at home and waiting for me." he added.

"Really? That sounds more like a prisoner than a girlfriend but who am I to judge?" Chanyeol said then the MC talked.

The whole night, none of them talked to each other. Chaeyoung would steal some glances but Chanyeol never did. Her 'daring look' was completely worthless. Everyone in the room was in awe of her. All eyes were glued to her... but the eyes she was waiting to look never did. Not even a millisecond of a glance. Everyone would think they were total strangers.

Chanyeol talked on stage about business and stuff and Chaeyoung just remembered how she fell for this man before. He was a great combination of mind and heart. He knew what were the good moves in business, but that is not compromising what people around him deserved. That is exactly why a lot of the businessmen loved him and his company grew so big in a short amount of time. After his speech, there were cheers and claps from everyone in the venue.

Kyungsoo then was the last one to take the stage.

"Hello, everyone. Good evening." Kyungsoo greeted and everyone answered back.

"My company is probably the biggest in this room tonight... but a lot of you might think this is all thanks to my father who made this company to what it was now. Although, I must say, maintaining such an empire for a young guy like me who everyone doubted was really hard." Kyungsoo said which gained everyone's attention.

"Just as you know, when I got this company, it was already successful... but it continues to grow more. As you can see in this presentation..." Kyungsoo paused to play the presentation but there was a different photo that showed. Definitely not what he prepared.

"Oh! What is that?!" A business man said when a picture of Kyungsoo kissing one her investors was showed.

"What is this?!" Kyungsoo shouted then moved the slideshow but it just keeps worse. More pictures of him gambling, text messages of him blackmailing, flirting and sleeping with investors, even threatening his staff was shown one after another. 

"Fix this!" Kyungsoo shouted when suddenly, policemen came inside the venue with warrant of arrest. The police stated the crimes Kyungsoo has committed with sufficient evidence and statements from old staffs and investors.

"You did this didn't you?!" Kyungsoo told Chaeyoung which the girl immediately answered.

"No Kyungsoo. You did this to yourself." Chaeyoung answered.

"But how?"

"You said it yourself. I am smarter than you." Chaeyoung said with a smirk and Kyungsoo was pushed inside the car.

 Chanyeol then went near her and said, "Just so you know, I hated your plan okay? but it worked after all." That made both of them laugh.