6 - THE OFFICE DEVIL

It was already eight thirty seven in the morning when Chaeyoung was supposed to arrive at nine. Chanyeol was furious and started at everyone asking where Chaeyoung already is. She was just working for more than a week but she already had the audacity to be this late... that's what Chanyeol thought. Everyone in the company is scared because even a five minute late makes Chanyeol mad... and now Chaeyoung is thirty seven minutes late.

"Good luck to her" One staff thought.

Just in that moment Chaeyoung came to work and immediately went to her cubicle. She was then greeted by a shout which everyone outside can hear.

"WHAT THE F*CK WERE YOU THINKING!" Chanyeol greeted her with a bang.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Park I told Mr. Suho and-" she wasn't even finished when she earned a smirk from Chanyeol.

"I have a meeting in nine Ms Park... and you came 23 minutes before the meeting. You just started and you already have that attitude." Chanyeol said at Chaeyoung who was looking down.

"You know you're wrong don't you? That's why you can't even look at me in the eyes right now." Well, wrong. The reason why Chaeyoung can't look is because he doesn't even give her time to explain herself.

"I really am sorry sir. Something came up which needed much attention and-" Chaeyoung was trying to explain her side but Chanyeol cut him off.

"I don't fucking care! You have a job here! Do it properly! You didn't even try to tell me!" 

"I tried getting your number from Mr. Suho but he said you did not like that so I just told him to tell you I'll be late sir." Chaeyoung said but Chanyeol mind seems to be so closed.

"I said I don't care. YOU ARE LATE. You already wasted my time...." Chanyeol said.

"You know what? Just go home. I don't want to see your face right now because I'll only remember how much I hate you." he added.

"But sir... you have an important meeting today." Chaeyoung said. She also thought of asking for an off day today because of the news she received last night but she knew she was just starting and she also knows Chanyeol has an important meeting today.

"You really are saying that when you came to work thirty seven minutes late huh." Chanyeol said sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry sir. This won't happen again." that is all Chaeyoung can say.

"Of course. This happens again and you're fired. Just go! I don't wanna see your face." Chanyeol said and Chaeyoung decided to leave. She didn't want to leave because she knows there is a lot of work coming but she thinks if she stays any longer, Chanyeol would punch him in the face.

Just ten minutes before the meeting, Suho entered Chanyeol's office. To his surprise, Chaeyoung wasn't in the office.

"Hey, Yeol. You have a minute?" 

"Yeah why?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, your secretary said she'll be late. Seems like she hasn't arrived yet." Suho said, clueless of what happened earlier.

"I sent her home." Chanyeol replied coldly.

"Wow... I never knew you could be compassionate. And I didn't know she would let you send her home."  Suho said which confused Chanyeol.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well... when she told me about her mother being brought to the hospital last night, I told her to just take the day off. She said she's still new so it would be disrespectful, plus the fact that you have an important client and she think you might need a lot of help. I really commend her." Suho answered but Chanyeol seems blank.

"Don't tell me you sent her because she was late." Suho said which Chanyeol did not answer.

"What the hell were you thinking? Did you even listen to her explanation? Of course not." Suho said and left the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JISOO AND CHAEYOUNG'S CONDO

Chaeyoung came home early but Jisoo thought she might have taken the day off so she just let it be and did not ask further question.

"Unnie, Has the sale of the house been encashed?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh... Yes. Suho helped me." Jisoo answered.

"What did he say about the buyer?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well... He said it was a friend.... and that he really likes the house."

"I hope he takes care of the house.... like how I took care of it." Chayeoung said.

"Hey. Don't worry. Your house is in good hands Chaeng"