2 - NEW HOUSE

After finishing everything he has to finish, Chanyeol immediately left to check the house. Actually, it was Suho who suggested the house. He was also skeptical at first but he promised her college friend and long time crush, Kim Jisoo, that he was gonna help Jisoo's friend to look for a buyer. He himself hasn't seen the house yet but all he knows is that an old architect named Park Hyung Son. 

"Are you there already?" Suho asked.

"Yes, I'm here. By the way... I already paid for the house." Chanyeol replied.

"WHAT?! You've only been there for minutes!" Suho was shocked at how Chanyeol immediately bought the house. Chanyeol liked the ambiance... plus the fact that there was another interested buyer who wants the house so he immediately paid for it.

"It's my house not yours. We'll just go check inside. Bye." then Chanyeol immediately hung up.

He checked the living room, dining area, the bathrooms and there was no hint of tiny bit of flaw in this house. It was just on sale 4 days ago but the house seems already cleaned up. Probably because the old owner was alone.

"How are you liking the place?" Mrs. Kim, Suho's mom asked.

"I like it very much Mom." Chanyeol replied.

Although Mrs. Kim is Suho's mom, Chanyeol always called her Mom as he took care of him after what happened to his mom. She was a cook for his family before but also is her mom's bestfriend that's why Chanyeol and Suho became bestfriends too.

"I'm thankful you liked it. I actually like it too. Should we check upstairs?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Sure mom."

Chanyeol checked some of the rooms but the rooms seemed so clean even though it was unoccupied. Just as he was checking the room, Mrs. Kim shouted from another room.

"Oh, Chanyeol! I think this is the old owner's room." then Chanyeol immediately checked it out.

"Seems like Mr. Park is really a clean-freak." the first thing Chanyeol muttered as he entered a very neat room. 

It is nice like the other rooms but there were few books left in the bookshelf that hinted someone may have used it before. Chanyeol was checking the bookshelf seeing some classics like Sherlock and some Shakespeare. He then stopped in his tracks when he a simple note in the shelf.

TO THE NEW OWNER,

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS HOUSE LIKE HOW I TOOK CARE OF IT. THIS HOW IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME AND I KNOW YOU'LL LOVE IT. THESE BOOKS ARE WELCOMING GIFTS FOR YOU :)

THANK YOU!

"Well, it really is the old owner's room." Chanyeol said as he showed the post-it to Mrs. Kim.

"Then, shall we check the basement?" Mrs. Kim asked Chanyeol.

"There is basement?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, there is actually. Let's go." Mrs. Kim suggested as they head down to the basement.

"The moment of truth." Chanyeol muttered as he opened the lights.

"He really is a clean-freak" Mrs. Kim said which made Chanyeol smile.

The basement... Is so clean it doesn't even feel like a basement. There wasn't anything much in it, except for a box on the side, right below the stairs. 

"What's this?" Chanyeol asked as he looked at what's inside the box. Mrs. Kim then sat behind him to take a look.

"Wow! A cassette player! And there are tapes too! Chanyeol you don't know these things?" Mrs. Kim was shocked and excited seeing things that reminded her of old memories.

"Maybe the owner left it." Chanyeol said.

"C'mon Yeollie! The basement is clean! Maybe he left it as a gift also." Mrs. Kim really wanted to hear the tapes.

"Fine. It's yours. But when the owner takes it back... then we give it back."

"Okay! Hahahaha!" Mrs. Kim was all giddy.

"Let's go upstairs." Chanyeol suggested. 

Chanyeol decided to go the old owner's room to feel the vibe. He wanted to test how this house... and potentially this room could help him in some ways. Also, he is dead tired. In his room, he could clearly hear the cassette tapes Mrs. Kim was playing.

Weirdly though... while laying in bed... he started to feel drowsy and...