8 - AND THEN ONE NIGHT

"Good Evening Ms. Park here are the documents I need you to check and see if there are lapses on the files" Chanyeol said as soon as Chaeyoung entered.

"Well atleast he said good evening before bugging me with work so that's a progress."  Chaeyoung thought to herself. She was calming herself trying not to be mad but Chanyeol had to ruin that.

"What are you wearing? who's selling that? Is that even women's wear? I told you to be comfortable but atleast look presentable. You look like a beggar... and all black? really? even your casual wear is all black? you need color Ms. Park" Chanyeol really pested her with those words.

"I'm sorry sir, as far as I know we are working here. And as far as I know you are a CEO... not a fashion guru." Chaeyoung replied with sass. She is not just gonna any man disrespect her like that.

"You do know I can fire you right now with that attitude right?" Chanyeol said.

"You do know I can tell every client we had how you humiliated me earlier and how unjust you are SIR right? I mean... I have your past secretary to back me up with that. A little sorry would be nice" Chaeyoung replied back.

"Are you blackmailing me?" Chanyeol said, bewildered.

"Sir, I'm literally just asking for a sorry..." 

"and?" Chanyeol was waiting for continuation

"And giving you reason not to fire me. yes. but I really need this job sir." Chaeyoung answered honestly.

"If you needed this job, you should be nicer." Chanyeol said. He think he won there but the girl doesn't give up.

"Well sir... I really need this job so please be nicer." Chaeyoung doesn't back down.

"What is this girl?" Chanyeol thought to herself. Well, he just gave it up because he don't want to waste ten more minutes arguing with her so...

"The files." Chanyeol said to get them back on track.

"Oh yeah... Checking them." 

Now they're back to reality.

It's three am now and they've been working for four hours. One word to describe them both right now? Chanyeol, tired. Chaeyoung, hungry.... so hungry.

"Sir, can we grab something to eat because I was about to grab dinner when you kidnapped me here." Chaeyoung said not even looking at her boss.

"First of all, you're not a kid. Second, you're eating dinner at ten pm? Third, can't you order by yourself? You have a phone"

"What diner is open at three am?!" Chaeyoung answered now looking at Chanyeol who still is bewildered with the sass Chaeyoung is showing her.

"Okay... you used to be respectful. Where did that girl go?" Chanyeol asked sarcastically but Chaeyoung clapped back real hard.

"Oh... that girl? She got humiliated by her boss so much today and told her to leave so she's gone now. Poor girl actually... sad for her."

"Okay, just finish what you're doing... I'll order the food. We're about to finish anyway." 2 points for Chaeyoung, 0 for Chanyeol.

FIfteen minutes after another round of their petty argument, thay finished their work. yay! but no going home yet because they have to wait for the decision of their client and time zone sucks. International client sucks but they give more money so not really. 

Chaeyoung was about to get a nap when three words suddenly woke her up.

"I'm so sorry." She knows that voice and that's definitely not a ghost. Is she dreaming or smething?

"I'm sorry what?" Chaeyoung asked wanting to hear him say it again.

"I'm sorry for what happened... early morning" She got what she wanted.

"Well... sorry is good enough for me." Chaeyoung said. She was planning on making it hard for the guy but she needs this job, and she saw his sincerity.

"Your mom, have you visited her in the hospital?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh my gosh no. She's like, 13 hours away from here... and I have a job. If only I can teleport." Chaeyoung answered which made Chanyeol smile a little.

"Where is she exactly?"

"Oh... Brooklyn. She's staying there. She actually lives there... with my brother so I'm alone here" 

"Why is your mother living there when you're here?"

"Well, she re-married so yeah. And I have a stepbrother... his name is Hyunsuk"

"Your father?"

"She left us when I was about to enter college. From what I heard, re-married too."

"Oh... I'm sorry." Chanyeol said while hearing her story.

"Why are you saying sorry? Are you the person my father married? Wait... ARE YOU?!" Chaeyoung said which made Chanyeol confused.

"I'm just kidding. Chill." Chaeyoung said which made Chanyeol smile.

"Wait... devil smiles?" Chaeyoung muttered.

"What? Did you just call me a Devil?" Chanyeol said, pretending to be shocked when he literally knows everyone from the office calls him a devil.

"I'm not as bad as everyone thinks I am" he added.

"Don't worry sir... I don't judge a person on how many times he shouts at me..." Chaeyoung said.

"... I judge him on how sincere his sorry is." she added.

There was something about Chanyeol's eyes that immediately made her doubt about what everyone is saying about Chanyeol. Little does she know she's been staring at those eyes for long... and that same eyes was looking at her. The staring game was finally cut off when they got a call from the foreign company.

"We really liked your presentation and we have decided to partner with your company." the representative of the company said.

"Have a good night sleep Mr. Park" then the rep hung up the call.

"You should head home and rest." Chanyeol told Chaeyoung.

"You can go to work at ten am today so you can rest." he added.

"You sir?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'll stay over. I have my clothes ready." Chanyeol replied.

"Okay sir."

"Thank you for your work Ms. Park." 

After waiting for Jisoo to pick her up, Chaeyoung immediately left. Chanyeol on the other hand was dead tired and sleepy. Good thing he recorded that Cassette Tape so he wouldn't have to worry about his nightmares when he works overtime.

"I really thank the heavens for this angelic voice." Chanyeol thought as he dozed off to sleep.