9 - ONE MONTH BET

Since 8 in the morning, the company was still talking about what happened the day before. Everyone was thinking as to how close is Chaeyoung from being fired and they are enjoying it. It's not because they did not like her... well, actually they do not like her. Imagine how she spends the whole day just a few steps away from the hottest guy in the office. How they always eat lunch together although little do they know the two doesn't even talk while eating. Chaeyoung also isn't close with the other employees because first, Chanyeol drags her everywhere and second, when she spends time with them, they ask about Chanyeol and Chanyeol only. Lastly, Everyone placed a bet that Chaeyoung would be like the old secretaries of Chanyeol who did not even last a month. With what happened yesterday, they feel close to victory.

"So it's past eight and the secretary still isn't here... I can smell the money." One employee said and everyone laughed. A few moments later, Suho joined the chat.

"So... talking about the bet?" 

"Sir Suho... Are you ready to lose a thousand dollars?" the staff teased.

"Oh. I'm ready to gain more money. It's only a week left now." 

"But sir... I'm sure you know what happened yesterday. Today, she's late again."

"Well it's true she's not here yet." Suho realized.

"I gotta go now. Bye." he added then immediately went to Chanyeol's office.

"Hey bro... I just want you to know... Chaeyoung is probably the best secretary you have. We both know she's overqualified for a secretary. She can even replace as a CEO if she wants to." Suho spoke like a machine gun.

"What exactly is your point?" Chanyeol asked, clueless of what the hell is happening.

"Don't fire her." 

"Did you make a bet again?" Chanyeol asked.

"What? No!" Suho shouted but Chanyeol obviously doesn't believe him.

"Fine I did"

"Okay... first of all, stop making bets about my secretaries. Second, WHY WOULD I FIRE HER?"

"Because she's late today."

"I told her to come to work late because we finished at three am. And I would never fire her because she even works better than you do. Now go ahead and do your job."

"Really?! Yes I'll win a thousand dollars!" He celebrated.

"Wait, did you just say I suck at my job?" he added realizing what Chanyeol said at the end.

"Yes. Now leave." 

It's just nine am and Chanyeol is sleeping at his desk, obviously with earphones because he's still listening to that recording. Little does he know, Chaeyoung was already in the office. Chaeyoung was planning on greeting him but she realized the guy was sleeping.

"Look at this guy. He's like a devil when he's awake but like an angel when he's asleep. How are you even real?" Chaeyoung was fascinated by features. She did not even recognize it before but she's awestruck right now. His long eyelashes, his prominent nose and his beautiful lips. Even his big ears looked attractive to her.

She snapped back to reality though when she realized the man she was staring intensely is waking up.

"Oh... you're here already? I told you to come here at ten" Chanyeol asked.

Gosh he looks even more attractive with that messy hair. Wait what?

"Yes sir. I woke up early and I was bored so I just decided to come here." Chaeyoung replied which made Chanyeol smile.

"By the way sir, I cooked breakfast and brought some in case you haven't eaten." she added then put a paper bag in Chanyeol's table.

"I actually haven't eaten. Thank you" 

"Actually, join me." Chanyeol suggested.

"I can eat in my table sir." Chaeyoung said.

"Just eat here okay?" Chanyeol pushed which Chaeyoung eplied with a nod.

Outside the office, the employees were waiting for action knowing that Chaeyoung came in late to work again.

"Why aren't they shouting? Shouldn't Mr. Park be mad already?" one staff said.

"Wait, let me check." the other staff said then entered his office. To her surprise, Chanyeol and Chaeyoung was eating TOGETHER.

"What do you need?" Chanyeol asked without even looking at the employee.

The devil jumped out again.

"I just want to remind you Sir that you have a meeting at ten." the employee said while her voice and hands are shaking so much.

"I know. I have my secretary to say that. You can leave."

This guy's mood swings.

The employee immediately left and told everyone what happened inside. Suho heard what they were talking about and decided to tease.

"I'll have one thousand dollars coming next week"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That one week went by so fast. Of course, Suho won a thousand dollars and the employees accepted that Chaeyoung will be staying for long. Every day was getting better for Chaeyoung and she's starting to see the good in Chanyeol that not everyone see. Her love for her work is also getting back and she's enjoying every single one of it.

Today, she went home late because of extra work and she saw Jisoo at the living room, looking disturbed.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked ans sat beside Jisoo.

"No. There was a problem in the restaurant, and Suho isn't replying to my texts and I seriously can't sleep right now." Jisoo answered which made Chaeyoung really worried.

"In what way can I help you?" 

"Oh. Can I borrow your mom's cassette tapes? I really need some lullaby right now"

"Of course! yeah, I'll just check it." then Chaeyoung came running to her room to look for it. It has been minutes but Chaeyoung hasn't come out of her room yet.

"Is everything okay Chaeng?" Jisoo checked up on Chaeyoung

"Unnie, I think I left it at my old house. You can use my tapes." Chaeyoung said.

"But... that's yours. That's important to you."

"I won't need it anyway. Besides, you're just borrowing it so it's okay." Chaeyoung assured and gave her a smile.

"How about your mom's tapes?"

"I'll probably pick it up tomorrow since it's a Saturday... and unnie, i'm happy mom's tapes can actually put someone to sleep. It served it's main purpose. Thanks to you." Chaeng said and went back to her room.

Little does she know... 

Those tapes became another man's lullaby.