16 - ALL IN

Chaeyoung woke up early but decided not to wake Chanyeol up since the man was deep in his sleep.

She went downstairs and saw Mrs. Kim in the kitchen preparing to cook so she offered help.

"Can I help?" Chaeyoung asked and Mrs. Kim greeted her with a big smile.

"Of course love... you cook?" Mrs. Kim asked. 

Well, she's pretty young and for someone who's beautiful, talented and kind... she should atleast have one flaw.

"Yes I cook." Chae answered.

Or none.

"I lived alone since I was in college so I had to cook for myself all the time so... yes I do cook."

"Oh good! Then let's get cooking before your boyfriend wakes up." Mrs Kim said which made Chaeyoung stop from her tracks.

"Actually... we're not. We're not yet together." 

"Oh. I'm sorry love."

"It's okay" Chaeyoung assured and the two continued cooking.

Because there was two of them cooking not that big amount of food, they finished early. Chanyeol was still sleeping anyway so they decided to talk. Good thing she was able to text her brother and Jisoo that she won't be home until noon today.

"So Chaeyoung... nice to finally meet you. Chanyeol used to talk a lot about you." Mrs Kim said as they put the foods in the table and decided to sit.

"Nice to meet you two Mrs. Kim. He also used to tell me stories about you." Chaeyoung replied.

"Did Chanyeol tell you already about his... his past?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"I don't want to force him. I can in his eyes the pain just trying to remember everything. I can't bear seeing him like that." 

"One thing you should know Chaeyoung... he really wants to tell you. He loves you that much to trust that part of his past he always buried."

"Honestly Mrs. Kim... There's still a part of me that wants to know what happened. I wanna know and realize how deep his wound is to try heal it. But really, when I saw the pain in his eyes... I just don't want him to remember that pain." Chaeyoung said and Mrs. Kim knew it was the time. She held Chaeyoung's hand to prepare her for what she was going to say.

"Chanyeol was a bright kid. He was close to both his parents but specifically to his mother." Mrs. Kim was telling the story when Chaeyoung looked at her and said...

"Mrs. Kim, I'm fine. Chanyeol doesn't wanna-" 

"It's okay love... don't worry" Mrs. Kim assured with a smile and continued.

"His parents started in a forced marriage but they actually were okay with it. Slowly, they learned to love each other and with that, Chanyeol was born. He had a happy family at first but when things started to get crazy at work... his father's true colors showed."

"His father was abusive. Everytime Chanyeol had gone to school, his father will beat his mother up and Chanyeol will go home with his mother having new bruises. He would caught his father on act but will immediately stop when his father sees him. Then one afternoon, it was different." Mrs. Kim sighed heavily then continued.

"Chanyeol was released early from school and he immediately went home. His father was drowning in alcohol and his punches and slaps were much more violent. Right in front of his eyes, he saw his father swinging a flower vase. He tried to stop him but his father was much larger than him so he wasn't able to do anything. He watched as his father hit his mother and huge amount of blood dripped on his mother's head. When he saw his father about to swing one more time, he picked up a bottle of alcohol and hit his father trying to protect his mother."

Chaeyoung was afraid where the story would go.

"That moment, I entered the house and immediately called the police. Both his parents were brought to the hospital but neither of them survived. Since that day, Chanyeol blamed himself. Then, his nightmares came in. He always believed his nightmares were his punishment for not being able to save his mother... and for killing his father. He was so young to experience such thing... he was a really nice kid." Mrs. Kim couldn't help but cry remembering his adopted son's story.

"I... I don't know what to say." Chaeyoung was shocked because of what she just heard.

"You don't have to say anything love. The least thing he wants is for you to pity him." 

"What if he gets mad I know this?" Chaeyoung asked, worried how he will react.

"I told you. Don't worry. He specifically told to me tell you this in case he's not able to. He loves you that much." Mrs Kim's words touched Chaeyoung's heart.

"Who knew a man like that has this side." she thought.

"I think we should wake Chanyeol up since the food is getting cold. You want me to wake him up?" Mrs Kim asked.

"It's okay Mrs Kim. I'll can wake him up." Chaeyoung said and immediately went upstairs. 

"I always love how peaceful he looks when he's asleep. How can I disturb this baby."

Chaeyoung kneeled on the bed side and planted a kiss on Chanyeol's forehead which immediately woke him up.

"What was that for?" Chanyeol asked as he slowly opened his eyes.

"To wake you up." Chaeyoung answered and gave him a smile.

Hearing Chanyeol's story made her sure that she really does love this man... but she doesn't want to tell it until his man says it first.

"I love you." Chanyeol suddenly muttered seeming to hear her thoughts.

"What did you say again?" Chaeyoung asked shocked on what he just said.

"Am I not supposed to say it yet?"

"Just say it again." Chaeyoung is sounding impatient.

"Okay... I love you. Why?" Chaeyoung was about to kiss him when Chanyeol backed off.

"Hey why are you trying to kiss me?"

"Because I love you." Chaeyoung answered.

"You should've just said it." Chanyeol answered and he went in for a kiss.

"Now I'm hungry." Chanyeol said then stood up.

"Why do you always seem uninterested after we kiss?" Chaeyoung said remembering their first kiss.

"If you just know what that does to my heart you'll take back what you said. But I'm really hungry now so let's go." Chanyeol said then went for the door.

"Won't my boyfriend wait for me?" Chaeyoung asked which made Chanyeol stop.

"Did you just say boyfriend?" 

"Uhm... yes. Why? Are you rejecting me?" Chaeyoung teased.

"Does that mean?" 

"Yes I am all yours."

"I don't want to leave this room."

"Didn't you say you were hungry? Let's go." Chaeyoung said and went downstairs but she stopped midway to receive Jisoo's phone call. She is all smiles excited to tell her friend what just happened but her smile immediately faded when she received a news.

"Gifts from who?! Do Kyungsoo?!"