Chapter 3

Last chapter for today, Promise!

"Me?" Jerome asked.

"You killed her up on that hill and Mr. Cicero let you clean up in his trailer. He told you to scratch the Satanist stuff on the hatchet and throw it off the bridge." Jim said. I look over at Cicero, he had a huge grin on his face.

"Sir, that's absurd and - and offensive." I said.

"But it's the truth. What I don't know is why this man risked so much to help you. I think he's your father."

"You don't know what you're talking about." Jerome said.

"Our father was a sea captain." I said.

"Am I wrong, Mr. Cicero?" Jim said.

"Yes."

"He was a sea captain. His name was Sven Karlsen." Jerome said

"He died at sea." I said.

"What was the name of his ship?" Jim asked.

"He worked on a lot of different ships." Jerome said.

"The one he went down in."

"She never said." I said.

"We can do a blood test to prove I'm right. It takes only half an hour to get a foolproof result. Isn't that right, Dr. Thompkins?"

"Yes." She said.

"Save yourself a needle."

"I do hate needles. I'm sorry, Jerome and Jersey." Cicero said.

"What are you talking about?" Jerome asked.

"He's right. I am your father."

"No, you're not. Why would you say that?" I asked.

"You must have suspected the truth."

"You're not my father.My mother would never-" Jerome said.

"Your mother was a cruel woman. She was often unkind to me, but she did once love me, in her way.

And she loved you very much.That's why she gave you a better father." Jerome started to cry and put his head down. Everyone stared at each other awkwardly. I comforted him, telling him it's going to be okay. Then, he started laughing.

"My mother was a cold-hearted whore who never loved anyone. And she'd never touch a pathetic old creep like you."

"All these years, do you think I was kind to you because I'm such a good man? If I wasn't your father, would I help you as I have, after what you did?" I still sat there, awkwardly. I honestly did not know what to say. I'm not surprised, however that he was my father.

"My father Hm. I'll be damned.Oh, that's very funny." He chuckled, "Ba-doom-shh! Looks like the bitch got me with a zinger in the end."

"Why did you kill your mother, Jerome?"

"Oh, you know how mothers are. She just kept pushing. And I'm like, fine, mom. Be a whore. Be a drunken whore, even. But don't be a nagging drunken whore. You know? Don't come yell at me to do the dishes if you've been banging a clown in the next room!" He then threw his fists on the table, causing me to jump "You know?" He then started laughing, uncontrollably.

"Jerome, you are under arrest for the murder of Lila Valeska." He said getting ready to put handcuffs on Jerome.

"Wait!" I said.

"Yes?"

"I... helped him." Jerome had a surprised look on his face.

"You helped Jerome kill your mother?"

"Yes..." He then walked over to me. Starting to put handcuffs on my wrists.

"Jersey, you are under arrest for helping the murder of Lila Valeska." He then took us to a cop car. "Take them to Arkham.''

"Right away, Gordon." We then drove away.

"Jersey?" Jerome whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you say that?"

"Because, you're my brother. You would've done the same thing."

"But I didn't want you to go to prison."

"Jerome, I told you this before. I'm never going to leave you. Even if that means going to jail."

"Thanks Jersey." He then gives me a hug. We then arrive at Arkham. Where hell was going to begin...

Ope... now they're both in prison. But, that's sweet of Jersey to go to prison with her brother. The next chapter isn't going to be from any episode, promise!! Thanks for reading! :)