Chapter 10

I slowly started to wake up. I was back in my room. There was a bandage around my stomach. I tried to sit up, but the pain of course tried to stop me.

"Woah, woah, woah. You are not fully healed yet. You need to lay back down." I look to my right and see Barbara.

"Barbara? What happened?" I asked.

"Well, Jim decided to be an asshole and shoot you."

"Jim? He saw us?"

"Wow, you must've been knocked out pretty good. Do you even remember where you were at? Or what you were doing?"

"Not really."

"Well, Jerome and the others were trying to light a bus on fire. But, the cops came just in time. And then you got shot."

"Where's Jerome?"

"In his room, crying probably."

"Why?"

"He feels really bad."

"He shouldn't be. Can you go get him?"

"Yeah." She left the room. A few minutes later, Jerome comes in.

"Hey sis." Jerome said.

"Hey." I said.

"How are you feeling?"

"Still in pain. But I should be fine pretty soon."

"I-I'm so sorry, sis." He started crying.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because you could've died. I'm such a terrible brother." He brought his head to his knees and cried even more.

"Jerome, look at me." He looks up, "You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm not dead am I?"

"No."

"And you're not dead, right?"

"No."

"Then you have nothing to be sorry about. All I care about is having you still with me."

"And you'll always have me, no matter what." I give him a hug and a tissue to wipe his tears off of.

"Just promise you won't do anything dangerous?"

"I-I don't know if I can promise that exactly."

"Huh?"

"Well, tomorrow is our 'grand entrance', and I get to be the star of it. But, Theo said 'every star has to give some sort of sacrifice'. But, I'm sure it's just giving someone else the lead role."

"Jerome, I don't want you doing this."

"Why not? This could be a big opportunity for me."

"I don't want you getting hurt."

"I won't, I promise!"

"What if that's what he meant by sacrifice?"

"It's not!"

"Fine! But if you get hurt, don't come to me. Because I'll just say I told you so!"

"I won't!" He then leaves. Oh no, what did I do? What if really does get hurt? Someone knocks on the door, then steps in. It's Theo.

"Hello, Jersey. How are you feeling?" Theo asked.

"Fine, just fine." I said angrily.

"Are you sure? You seem upset."

"Well, I guess I'm just wondering this. What are you planning on doing tomorrow?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you tell Jerome every star has to give some sort of sacrifice??"

"Because, something will happen during the show."

"If you even try to hurt him, I will kill you!"

"I promise you, nothing bad will happen. In fact, this is going to be a huge favor for some. Anyways, I should rehearse. Oh, by the way, I know you aren't feeling the best. But I do hope you can go tomorrow. Just to make sure no cops try to stop Jerome's act."

"Okay, will do."

"Thank you. I hope you feel better."

"Thanks." He then walked away.

I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. But I know it's not good....

Hello everyone! So I pretty much know what I'm going to write for upcoming chapters. I just have to figure out what exactly to put. I'll be posting one more chapter tonight hopefully, or tomorrow. But, if you have seen Gotham, you might know what happens next....