Chapter 15

I wake up in some sort of building. My mouth is covered with a cloth tied around my head. And my arms and legs are tied up to the chair with rope. I would try to get out, but what's the point? I'm probably going to die anyways... After a few minutes, I hear a door open. Theo- I mean Azrael steps in.

"Well, it seems someone is finally awake." He walks over to me and removes my cloth.

"What the hell do you want from me?"

"Wow, a little harsh are we?"

"Why did you take me? What did I ever do to you?"

"It's not what you did. But rather what you and Jerome didn't do."

"What are you talking about? You killed my fucking brother just so you could look like a good person!"

"True. But who ever said I got what I wanted?"

"What?"

"You see Jersey, I killed Jerome so I could be the next mayor. But, sadly no one took it. I didn't get enough votes for the election. Which means, I'm not the mayor. Instead, James won the election."

"And you're going to blame us for that?"

"Well, that was my only chance to win. So.... yes."

"You're insane!"

"It's not me who is insane, Jersey. It's you."

"I'm not insane!"

"Oh Jersey, I know you are deep down. That's why you always followed your brother."

"I followed him to protect him from people like you!"

"Oh really? Well I guess you failed to do that." I managed to hit him in the face. He grabs a knife and gets ready to cut me until...

"Jersey! Jersey, where are you?"

"Jim!" I'm in h-" Azrael puts the cloth back on my face.

"You better keep your mouth shut, unless you want to die!" Jim then walks into the room.

"Freeze! Put your hands in the air!" Azrael grabs the knife again and puts it to my throat.

"Ah ah ah! Not another step unless you want her dead!"

"Theo, drop the knife!" Harvey says.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Also my name is Azrael, not Theo!" Another guy comes from behind and shoots him in the shoulder. Then he grabs my chair and drags it back so Azrael doesn't try to hurt me.

"We got this, just take Jersey back to Bruce's house." Harvey says.

"On it." We then get into a car and drive off.

"Thanks for saving me."

"No problem. I have no idea why he was trying to hurt you."

"He didn't win the election, so he blamed it on me and my brother."

"Why?"

"Well he tried to look good and kill my brother. But that didn't help him win."

"Oh. Wow, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." We then arrive at Bruce's house. "Thanks Mr.?"

"Oh, where are my manners? Hi, I'm Oswald Cobblepot."

"Jersey. Jersey Valeska."